Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre).

Article about: Hello What do you think about this 8 year service medal? Comments and input would be much appreciated Thank You

Default SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre).

Hello
    What do you think about this 8 year service medal?
    Comments and input would be much appreciated
    Thank You
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre).   SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre).  

SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre).   SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre).  

Last edited by Adrian; 04-26-2014 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre).
    P
    Many

It looks ok from the pics imo.

Wait for the guys to add their six penneth worth

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

It looks OK to me but the images aren't exactly crystal clear are they? If I had to gues I would say a good P&L.

It has potential as Glenn says of being a good P&L, but you need much better close and focussed pic's to be certain.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I would agree: so far so good.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

As an example, here are some images I prepared earlier

SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre).SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre).SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre).

I quite like the "ridge" to the slightly off set eye for the suspension ring ,so that's a good sign and as far as my knowledge on these go as I have never owned one! Leon.

?

All i have learned so far about these medals is that they have a teardrop suspension ring. Which the first post has and also the ribbon is correct , pin mounting etc. It could well be a good one. I think personally they are wonderful medals. The 8 year seems scarcer than the 4 year. If i had the dosh i'd own one.

Thanks for the replies!
    I didn't realize that one photo was out of focus till I drove all the way back home, sat down and transfered them to my computer (of course). I handled this medal in person and instantly noticed how light weight it was. I figured the sucker would really have some weight to it, but its way lighter than my eastern front medal. I did a side by side comparison with the photos Glenn posted and marked some differences. Mainly the spaces between the wreath and the swaz arms and the 2 runs on the back which appear to be bigger. Hoping these arent bad signs.

SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre).SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre).

Hi , it may not be the same manufacturer so that may be the reason for the small differences ,but hey what do I know ,these are not my area! I can only say about the details that I see are consistent with originals,(ridge on the eye, slightly off set angle of the eye 's connection to the medal and of course the tear drop suspender). I am sure the boys will "chip in" and tell you for sure, Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast