Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre).

Article about: Hello What do you think about this 8 year service medal? Comments and input would be much appreciated Thank You

Thanks for the new side by side pic's they are enlightening! I would definitely NOT want this one in my collection, as it is obvious on close examination that the wreath of acanthus leaves is nowhere near the same as Glenn's unquestionable original, the 'spiky' ends are not apparent and the wreath band is completely different.

On the reverse the letters are also not correct in design, where are the tapered serifs on many of the letters? The stamped impression of them is also nearly twice as deep, and the 'SS' runes are a lot thicker in comparison to the real thing. There are far too many variables where there should be NONE.

You could try accurately measuring it, the diameter should be 38mm and the thickness 3.25mm +/-0.1mm approximately. As far as the weight goes I don't know. But that really won't make me change my mind, it's just reliable info concerning the size of a genuine piece, which I personally don't believe this now is.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre).
    P
    Many

Like I said "what do I know" ,but Ned does!, good stuff as ever Ned "ol" boy! Leon.

could be a weske fake.

Thanks Ned, I also noticed there were no spiky ends. The wreath overall is much bigger too.
    Bummer! Thanks to all who replied to this thread.

Re-examining the photos I now note what could be a casting flaw within the 2 'dots' of the umlaut. See the 3rd small dot on DeLuxxe's example? I think that makes 3 strikes against this one, therefore it's 'out'.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2