Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre)

Article about: Hi everyone, I wanted to post my 8 year SS medal up for review as someone has expressed their concerns with it. Everything checked out for me, but just wanted to hear some unbias opinions. W

Default SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre)

Hi everyone,

I wanted to post my 8 year SS medal up for review as someone has expressed their concerns with it. Everything checked out for me, but just wanted to hear some unbias opinions.

What do you all think?

Also the ribbon was stitched close (Otherwise I would have photographed it), but the ribbon loop is the correct tear drop shape.

Thanks all!

WilliamSS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre)SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre)SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre)SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre)SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre)  
    Last edited by rbminis; 02-08-2018 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre)
    P
    Many

Please read this thread and keep this in mind when posting in the Orders and Decorations section of the forum.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Sorry Ralph! First ever post on this forum, and will do that next time.

Thank you,
    William

MAP
    ?

What concerns were raised. From what I can see it looks good. Nice high level of details too.

But maybe I'm missing something. Won't be the first time.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Here are a couple of previous threads on this award.
    This one has some good information as to what to look for, from Big Ned and Wagriff.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you both for the reply. I was told that the pebbling was too soft and that the ribbon loop was not crisp as found on most originals. I am far from an SS medal expert - but compared to other original examples, I didnt notice any differences.

Thanks again!
    William

I retook these two photos of the concerned areas.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre)   SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre)  

Even before I read your thread on WAF, I did not like the jump ring. It should have beveled edges.
    Ralph.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Even before I read your thread on WAF, I did not like the jump ring. It should have beveled edges.
    Ralph.
    Thank you Ralph for pointing that out. Now that I compare it to the threads you posted, I can clearly see the difference.

Thanks again!
    William