Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre) mit Etui...Original?

Article about: Is this an authentic 8 year SS service medal. Would appreciate any opinions re. the medal and box. Thank you, nic.

Default Re: SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre) mit Etui...Original?

Here are some photos of suspension loop, thanks, nic
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre) mit Etui...Original?   SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre) mit Etui...Original?  

SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre) mit Etui...Original?   SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre) mit Etui...Original?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre) mit Etui...Original?
    P
    Many

?

Did the price reflect the condition? I guess 15 years ago was at the start of the internet era for these pieces and militaria forums, online sales sites and the price increases we are familiar with.

The missing insert that Ned points out wouldn't bother me is the price was right because I would display it with the SS runes showing, not the inside of the case.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hi Adrian, thank you for the reply. I paid £400 for it and I would have either purchased it from the Old Brigade or Regimentals. Thank you, nic.

Thanks for the extra pics, I say good P&L, the suspension loop and jump ring look typical for this maker in shape and the soldering points to me. All the fakes i've seen have the jump ring cast in, not soldered on as per originals. The case is neither here or there as you already own it and have more than doubled your investment on the medal disregarding the case.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Their is an 8 year cased SS medal from a 2009 post listed below.Check that case against yours.These 4,and 8 year are always (and should be) scrutinized very closely so anyone posting one should always move the ribbon to show the suspension and jump ring.Saves time from the others who will ask about photos of above.

Thank you Ned and Goodbuys for your feedback. It is much appreciated. I will also endeavour in future to provide fuller/clearer photos. Thanks, nic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2