Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS-Dienstauszeichnung 4.Stufe (4 Jahre)

Article about: Hey all just picked up this 4 year ss long service medal what do you guys think? Cheers

?

Hello,
    I agree with Ned, and please keep in mind they made a lot more of these awards than were actually awarded. To find original examples on medal bars, or original award documents are very difficult, but loose or cased is not so hard to do.

Regards,
    Jody

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-Dienstauszeichnung 4.Stufe (4 Jahre)
    P
    Many

Quote by big ned View Post
    Neither medal is considered particularly rare. It's when you get into the 12 year award territory that these get harder to find and hence far more expensive, then the 25 year service award which is extremely rare. The accumulation of service time could be accrued from the refounding of the NSDAP in 1925 until Hitler's coming to power in 1933 after which the time served was counted as double. This included time served on active military service, thus enabling the awarding of the 25 year medal. The medals were instituted in January 1938, and it's thought that bestowal of all grades ceased by the end of 1941.

Regards, Ned.
    The medal was awarded to SS members in the SS-Verfügungstruppe, SS-Totenkopfverbände and the SS-Junkerschule who served honourably and were on active service. So just to confirm, the Allgemeine SS were not eligible ?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    The medal was awarded to SS members in the SS-Verfügungstruppe, SS-Totenkopfverbände and the SS-Junkerschule who served honourably and were on active service. So just to confirm, the Allgemeine SS were not eligible ?

Nick
    Hi Nick,

That's correct, members of the Allgemeine-SS were not entitled to them, as their SS service counted towards grades of an NSDAP Dienstauszeichnungen (Nazi Party Long Service Award) for 10, 15 and 25 years service.

Regards, Ned.

SS-Dienstauszeichnung 4.Stufe (4 Jahre)SS-Dienstauszeichnung 4.Stufe (4 Jahre)SS-Dienstauszeichnung 4.Stufe (4 Jahre)SS-Dienstauszeichnung 4.Stufe (4 Jahre)
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Got it! Thanks Ned

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks again guys. It looked good to me I wouldn't question the authenticity as I am buying it from Paul hogle he has always been sincere and a pleasure to work with.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2