Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS-Dienstauszeichnung 4.Stufe (4 Jahre) for review

Article about: I am considering the purchase of this 4 year SS service award and from what I can see it's a good one, the asking price is 495 euro (\\$650) which is about the going rate for such pieces. Noth

Default SS-Dienstauszeichnung 4.Stufe (4 Jahre) for review

I am considering the purchase of this 4 year SS service award and from what I can see it's a good one, the asking price is 495 euro ($650) which is about the going rate for such pieces. Nothing is jumping out at me as a red flag but as always, I defer to the wisdom of the forum prior to making any monetary committment.

SS-Dienstauszeichnung 4.Stufe (4 Jahre) for reviewSS-Dienstauszeichnung 4.Stufe (4 Jahre) for review
    SS-Dienstauszeichnung 4.Stufe (4 Jahre) for review
    Last edited by Adrian; 06-21-2013 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-Dienstauszeichnung 4.Stufe (4 Jahre) for review
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS 4 year for review

Ned knows a lot about these. From what I remember him saying, he said its a good sign if the suspension ring is off center, which yours appears to be. Just my two cents.
    Dean

Default Re: SS 4 year for review

Thanks Dean, I look forward to further comments. I have to say I am tempted, its a worry though as I am enjoying an early afternoon adult beverage in preparation for a party later and sometimes I tend to get careless with the credit card when my 'good sense' radar is alcohol affected!

Default Re: SS-Dienstauszeichnung 4.Stufe (4 Jahre) for review

Hi Glenn,

The pics aren't the best are they? Making it appear it's made of foam rubber! I think it's got a good chance of being a genuine Petz & Lorenz 4 year medal, but I wouldn't go splashing the cash on the strength of these photo's especially whilst on the sauce.

Get some better lit/focussed shots and by then it'll be another day and you'll be more 'focussed' then an' all....

Cheers! Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks Ned, i'm not tanked yet...(it's only 3.30pm) but by 5 when I head to the party I might have a few more sheets to the wind.

Whoops! *hic*...oh dear...

Asp
    ?

For me it looks fine: tear-shaped ring, dotted background. However ribbon looks as new according to medal condition.
    You can compare with really fake I'm having, but with genuine ribbon.
    Regards,
    Alex
    SS-Dienstauszeichnung 4.Stufe (4 Jahre) for reviewSS-Dienstauszeichnung 4.Stufe (4 Jahre) for review

Looks ok Glenn. Check it closely with my P&L through your blurry eyes!

Have a nice evening

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images SS-Dienstauszeichnung 4.Stufe (4 Jahre) for review  SS-Dienstauszeichnung 4.Stufe (4 Jahre) for review 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Sounds like it has a chance, Glenn! As said, better photos will help nail it down. I hope you can get it if its real.

It's now 'the morning after' and after a few Panadol and a good lie-in I can reflect on last night's purchases. Turned out to be an expensive night after all!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast