Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Medal grouping

Article about: Enclosed grouping including SS 8 year medal, i've got a new camera now so i can start to throw a few thing into the debate! Always interests me which medals are seen with others in a groupin

?

Default Re: SS Medal grouping

its got some specific differences to the P&L example thats been posted, the 8 is a slightly different shape, i'd be interested to see a deschler version if anyone has one. The definitions good on it, how do you get such clear photos, way ahead of my technology!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Medal grouping
    P
    Many

I use a Sony idiot proof camera,a tripod (cost me a fiver S/H from a camera shop) & Auto fix when pics are loaded. I'm a computerphobe if there's such a thing. Stewy S

?

Stewey, I also posted a skull on a thread earlier, probably not been picked up, see what you think on that one?

Skulls i know nothing about,sorry. Stewy S

It should also be noted that the West wall medal was given to anyone who worked on the Siegfried Line and fortifications in 1944. But they were produced in smaller numbers and were also struck in bronze zinc and not the original bronze brass. Don't ask me the difference because I don't know if I've taken the time to see two side by side.

Differences between fake and original are many and varied.
    The areas i see that normally let fakes down are the stippling, the base metal and a rounded jump ring In fact i could write quite a bit about what sets good and bad apart .There are some fakes that are very good and would fool even intermediate collectors.
    You need to study the medal to learn the difference. It’s not just simply a matter of being told the difference and then acting on that information
    2 Deschlers.........you make your mind up

for a start the wreath is wrong, and the umulate is too far up, there are others
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Medal grouping   SS Medal grouping  

As requested, another 8 year for comparison. One of the difficult things with collecting medals is that detailing on a strike can differ determined when the medal was struck in the life span of the die. Dies also wore out requiring replacements. In the time before computerized lazer cut dyes, one must expect some vairiation due to the hand work.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Medal grouping   SS Medal grouping  

SS Medal grouping   SS Medal grouping  

BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Now that one i like without any doubt. I like the stippling, angled shots like that make it easy to make a judgement
    where's the cased one Bob?

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Now that one i like without any doubt. I like the stippling, angled shots like that make it easy to make a judgement
    where's the cased one Bob?
    John-
    That is the cased one sans case. Complete pictures are now on my thread. It is a real pain when you download 8 pictures and they do not attach! I can do without deja vu!
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2