Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

SS Ribbon bar authentication

Article about: I was offered this ribbon bar. Please take a look. Also, opinions: Is the second to last medal for a Croatian award? I would think so being that this is SS. (That is, if its real!) -Martin

Default SS Ribbon bar authentication

I was offered this ribbon bar. Please take a look. Also, opinions: Is the second to last medal for a Croatian award? I would think so being that this is SS. (That is, if its real!)

-Martin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Ribbon bar authentication   SS Ribbon bar authentication  

SS Ribbon bar authentication   SS Ribbon bar authentication  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Ribbon bar authentication
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Ribbon bar authentication

Fake. I am afraid. Although very well made / put together. The catch is completely wrong and I presume the whole bracket is constructed of brass.

The pin should be steel. Have you pulled any stitching apart and burnt any to see if it melts or burns like a fuse? If it melts, synthetic fibre = fake!

The SS runes are terrible and have no solid stamped detail.

Swastika on the Wiederholungspange is deformed too.

If you collect ribbon bars you should buy this as a good reference to how a bad ribbon bar and devices look.

Quote by Alan Goodyear View Post
    Fake. I am afraid. Although very well made / put together. The catch is completely wrong and I presume the whole bracket is constructed of brass.

The pin should be steel. Have you pulled any stitching apart and burnt any to see if it melts or burns like a fuse? If it melts, synthetic fibre = fake!

The SS runes are terrible and have no solid stamped detail.

Swastika on the Wiederholungspange is deformed too.

If you collect ribbon bars you should buy this as a good reference to how a bad ribbon bar and devices look.
    I agree with you fake
    but I have a couple of questions would the welfare medal would be given to a ss also why 2 of the same ss medals different years.I am not up to date on those bar.

Hi Chris you are right about the Runes.

One should be gold and the other silver. Different colours represent the different years of service. Just like with the army or luftwaffe service eagles.

The social welfare decoration is correctly placed, as are all the ribbons on this bar, the forger has done his homework, just used terrible devices to complete his fake. SS men were awarded the social welfare medal. Heydrich and Himmler both had this medal I think, but they also had the large swastika wreath device with their ribbon.

Quote by Alan Goodyear View Post
    Hi Chris you are right about the Runes.

One should be gold and the other silver. Different colours represent the different years of service. Just like with the army or luftwaffe service eagles.

The social welfare decoration is correctly placed, as are all the ribbons on this bar, the forger has done his homework, just used terrible devices to complete his fake. SS men were awarded the social welfare medal. Heydrich and Himmler both had this medal I think, but they also had the large swastika wreath device with their ribbon.
    I knew something was not right about thoses ss runes.Thank you about the social welfare decoration I did not know that great stuff.

You guys think its social welfare but I do not. Its the same ribbon bar for a Croatian Zvonimir, Pavelic, or Iron Trefoil medal (LOOK AT MY PIC FOR REFERENCE!). Lots of SS were through that area and got those awards. I understand its fake, but I don't think its for social welfare.

Quote by martinsuper View Post
    You guys think its social welfare but I do not. Its the same ribbon bar for a Croatian Zvonimir, Pavelic, or Iron Trefoil medal (LOOK AT MY PIC FOR REFERENCE!). Lots of SS were through that area and got those awards. I understand its fake, but I don't think its for social welfare.
    how can you tell the difference or it is not possible without the medal.

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    how can you tell the difference or it is not possible without the medal.
    Well you can't, can you? But enough debate about a fake ribbon bar anyway!