Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

SS Token "Fur Treue Dienste in Der"

Article about: Hey guys, ok really neat story, I was at a local garage sale here and in a box was a container of marbles and misc. buttons, these 2 were in the box, I scooped up the box before any one else

Default SS Token "Fur Treue Dienste in Der"

Hey guys, ok really neat story, I was at a local garage sale here and in a box was a container of marbles and misc. buttons, these 2 were in the box, I scooped up the box before any one else had a chance for $5. Im not firmiliar with what these are, the SS token appears to of had a loop at the top to feed a ribbon threw to be worn. Anyways just wondering if anyone has info on the history of these sorts items and what they are actually called. thanks again

Garret
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Token "Fur Treue Dienste in Der"   SS Token "Fur Treue Dienste in Der"  

SS Token "Fur Treue Dienste in Der"   SS Token "Fur Treue Dienste in Der"  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Token "Fur Treue Dienste in Der"
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Token "Fur Treue Dienste in Der"

The round one is an SS 4 year faithfull service medal and comes with a cornflower blue ribbon.

The Eagle is a Spange to the Iron Cross 1st class

Both are fakes imo

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I am in agreement with Nick on both of these. The 4 year medal lacks detail on the acorns and oakleaves, the appearance is that of it being cast as it lacks the very slight pebbling on originals. The biggest give away is normally the suspension ring being oval instead of round; but obviously this is missing.

The spange is a very poor cast indeed, I'd go as far to say in sand due to the complete lack of detail to this prestigious award. And the rear hardware is completely wrong to boot. At least you didn't get burned, and I like marbles anyway!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Also very poor lettering. Look at the top of the letter 'T'. Also the runes on the number 4 are too thick and odd shaped.

I love marbles too !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

thanks for the info guys, greatly appreciated haha agreed, marbles are always fun and catchy

at $5, you can take solace in the marbles being authentic.