Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS Tuxedo brooch....fake?

Article about: Is this one another fake? I appreciate any comments.

Default Re: SS Tuxedo brooch....fake?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    There is a photo of the reverse of one of these on the forum although why the fascination for these is beyond me. They look really naff - the originals I mean - and are just the most awful, cheap looking 'seaside' souvenir type pieces the SS were ever unfortunate to have to wear.
    Made me laugh!
    But i do not agree!! I think that is because of all the bad fake's we get so see all the time...
    I think they ( the originals that is !) look pretty smart!
    Thise been said at the prices they are I will never get one to add to my collection, but that is a other discussion!
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Tuxedo brooch....fake?
    P
    Many

Back in the day, I never Did have one....I always thought they were some silly looking fake thing someone made up, so I basically ignored them....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Last I heard, the well known German dealer (read 'crook') basically got away with his scam? Seems there was some talk of certain buyers getting a refund but then it all went quiet.

?

There is a photo of the reverse of one of these on the forum although why the fascination for these is beyond me. They look really naff - the originals I mean - and are just the most awful, cheap looking 'seaside' souvenir type pieces the SS were ever unfortunate to have to wear.
    I could not agree more.
    Further more, they seem so vastly different in style from other SS regalia/badges/decorations.

Default Re: meine ehre heist treue....fake?

They existed Larry, there is a photo of one in wear here on the forum.
    Thanks Adrian......this is news to me
    It just goes to show that although we can be mistaken at times..it should never be taken to heart....the best part about being mistaken is that the truth comes to light...which helps to prove authenticity of a rarely seen pin or artifact.

I have to say in regard to this pin posted.....that I see 2 different sets of RZM numbering ...1 on the pin itself..and the other on the screw backs. On the Pin it does not have the SS runes..the screw backs ..have the Runes. JMObservations. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Last I heard, the well known German dealer (read 'crook') basically got away with his scam? Seems there was some talk of certain buyers getting a refund but then it all went quiet.
    I know-I was waiting to hear the outcome myself and then.....nothing. The dealer is still in operation without a blink, but the badges were never shown for sale on his website. The badges that Were all sold to Long time Big Name collectors and were thousands of dollars apiece, so I would have thought that there would have been more of a fuss and outrage over the incident, but zippo. Maybe refunds with a silence stipulation?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Ive seen the pic of it in wear in a period pic here as well, but I must admit, that had somebody slapped a pic of it in front of me but a few years ago and asked my opinion, I would most likely have judged it to be a fake.
    It just looks so outlandish and though one can hardly talk of 'good taste' in regards to SS items, the 'Tuxedo brooch' looks outright tacky and as previously mentioned, it doesnt seem to tie in with other SS items.
    That is of course just my opinion and what the heck do I know.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I know-I was waiting to hear the outcome myself and then.....nothing. The dealer is still in operation without a blink, but the badges were never shown for sale on his website. The badges that Were all sold to Long time Big Name collectors and were thousands of dollars apiece, so I would have thought that there would have been more of a fuss and outrage over the incident, but zippo. Maybe refunds with a silence stipulation?
    Could be, there was quite the thread over on the WAF about it but it got so long and now I can't be bothered looking it up. Seems to me that after such an outright scam that the collecting world should be baying for this well known dealer's blood but somehow it all seems to be 'business as usual'. I had already vowed to never do business with this dealer again after a previous incident and I know his latest antics certainly won't change my mind in that regard. In fact I do still sometimes peruse his site if only to look for the fakes he still tries to peddle.

?

Perhaps some of the buyers of this high profile and expensive item were so profoundly ashamed of being duped, that they kept quiet after finding out it was a fake for fear of ridicule (meybe especially if they had been collecting for many years)....?

These fakes have been around for years...A one-looker!
    cheers, Glenn

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast