Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Stanlingrad medal?

Article about: I was watching a ww2 documenty last night, Apocalypse of ww2 (part 4) And they said that after the germans capture (most) of stalingrad. Hitler order to make a medal for this.. They show it

Default Stanlingrad medal?

I was watching a ww2 documenty last night, Apocalypse of ww2 (part 4) And they said that after the germans capture (most) of stalingrad. Hitler order to make a medal for this.. They show it for a brief moment, so i took a printscreen. I have never heard about a stalingrad medal from the german side. Was it never issued? or have i missed it?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stanlingrad medal?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stanlingrad medal?
    P
    Many

I've found this:

https://www.dhm.de/lemo/bestand/obje...grad-1943.html
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stanlingrad medal?  

The germans had for special and big combats memory shields like the Krimschild or the Narvikschild, but never any medals or orders. So I am sure that the shown Stalingrad medal wasn't an official medal for Stalingrad fighters of the WH.

Added the pics of the medal for you Landser, from the above website.

Stanlingrad medal?

Thanks, my mobile couldn't save it in the right size.

talked to a guy at an arms fair a while back who was real pleased at his 'stalingrad shield ' he had brought a while back .. £50 he paid... when i explained to him that it never existed he said " they sell replicas on the 'soldier of fortune' website.. and its true..they do at a mere £14.99.... if someone sells a replica of an award that never existed does that make it origional lol

Stalingrad shields or medals were never official awards. Basically anything is fake. Lappland shields were made by POW's & essentially unissued, although L/Land shield docs were. Stay away from any award that's marked Stalingrad. Stewy

i did try to tell him but he was having non of it ...bit cheeky selling replicas of non existant awards i feel... anything to make a few quid ,,,,

Pure and total 4th Reich fantasy item. There would be no reason to ever manufacture an item commemorating a crushing defeat. Who would it go to? When the Luftwaffe could only supply about 8% of the supplies needed for survival, I doubt that a supply plane would be filled with crates of this bad joke.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

exactly Bob.. you just can't tell some people....