Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Steinhauer & Luck Kriegsabzeichen für Minesuch - Sicherungsverbände in zinc.

Article about: Nice addition Adrian How many is that now ?? Nick

Default Re: Steinhauer & Luck Kriegsabzeichen für Minesuch - Sicherungsverbände in zinc.

Nice addition Adrian How many is that now ??

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Steinhauer & Luck Kriegsabzeichen für Minesuch - Sicherungsverbände in zinc.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Steinhauer & Luck Kriegsabzeichen für Minesuch - Sicherungsverbände in zinc.

Hi Ade,i'd agree i think it's a post war repair. But it doesn't detract from a nice S&L! Congrats Stewy.

?

Cheers for the comments Guys!
    Nick, that makes twelve altogether now.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks for pointing out that die flaw. I just went and looked for it on mine.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Steinhauer & Luck Kriegsabzeichen für Minesuch - Sicherungsverbände in zinc.  

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Hi Kris,
    Yes, I know exactly what you're saying and I completely agree with you. However, in this instance I will respectfully disagree because this flaw can be found on every zinc Minesweeper by S&L. So, unless the flaw was on every die they used it would appear that every zinc S&L Minesweeper came from the same die.
    You don't find it on the tombak versions of the badge however so it stands to reason there might have been two dies to strike the badges or the tooling was reworked and tidied up between changing from tombak to zinc and the flaw created at this time. I don't believe S&L would've run two dies and two different base materials alongside each other but that's just my personal opinion and of course I could be wrong.
    It is indeed a very difficult theme to threat!
    I think zink or tombac would have need a different handling; different pressure on the die etc...
    Could have been the same die , only with the difference of pressure, that the "flaw" would show in the higest pressure form...
    It is also intriging, when did the "flaw" appeard in the die, if it wasn't there from the begining that means some badges without that flaw might have been made....
    All speculations of course.
    Lets strat the search after "the" badge without the "flaw"!!
    ;-)
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

I had 3, but only one left and that is a unmarked one, so no luck so far...
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Hi Kris, here's the reverse of my tombak S&L Minesweeper, as you can see, there is no flaw. To my knowledge, all zincers by this maker do have the flaw but the tombak badges don't. I know nothing about the different pressures used to strike the badges in different materials so I will bow to your knowledge in this area.
    If you open the reverse image of the zinc badge and the pic below and compare them side by side you will notice the trimming outline is more or less exactly the same, taking into account minor variations from the finishing process so to my mind, both badges came from the same tooling.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Steinhauer &amp; Luck Kriegsabzeichen für Minesuch - Sicherungsverbände in zinc.  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2