Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Struck uncut iron cross cores.

Article about: Hello all, some time ago i came across an interesting find from a seller in Austria. He was offering "raw" iron cross cores. I ended up buying 2 from him and wanted to know if any

Notice that none of the forms or dies in these period photos is octagonal,.....
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Struck uncut iron cross cores.
    P
    Many

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Notice that none of the forms or dies in these period photos is octagonal,.....
    Ralph.
    Did all manufacturers use the same "Process" and "Dies" ? Not unlike buckles I suppose.. Overhoff dies / process, Assman dies / process.. etc; etc;. Just curious..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Did all manufacturers use the same "Process" and "Dies" ? Not unlike buckles I suppose.. Overhoff dies / process, Assman dies / process.. etc; etc;. Just curious..
    Sorry, can't answer that question at this time.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Is it just my eye's or does the "first" 9 in the 1939 date have a completely different shape to the second 9? Looking at that area of the cross blown up, the whole 1939 dating looks as though it is mis-shapen and nowhere near the standard required by any period maker. Could these be post war cores for the "GI market"? Leon.

CBH
    ?

I wanted to add Friedrich B has shared a great group of photos of the stamping machines used for metal production , in a Thread , SS Cap insignia forum "Is it Fake?". One photo shows dies on a wall behind the machine . Sorry for questioning these , I stand corrected . Great information .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2