Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Tapferkeits- und Erinnerungsmedaille der Spanischen "Blauen Division".

Article about: Is this original?

G43
    ?

Default Re: Tapferkeits- und Erinnerungsmedaille der Spanischen "Blauen Division".

I did not mean to disregard your medal, I was just asking for more examples so I could see variations.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tapferkeits- und Erinnerungsmedaille der Spanischen "Blauen Division".   Tapferkeits- und Erinnerungsmedaille der Spanischen "Blauen Division".  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tapferkeits- und Erinnerungsmedaille der Spanischen "Blauen Division".
    P
    Many

Default Re: Tapferkeits- und Erinnerungsmedaille der Spanischen "Blauen Division".

No problemo, here's the reverse of mine for comparison.

I note a difference in the attachment of the ring to the medal, yours appears to be heavy in comparison to mine. Now i'm no expert in these awards but I do know that there are both German and Spanish made versions. Deschler being the German manufacturer (from memory). The Spanish awards are generally considered to be post war given that there was no prohibition in Franco Spain against the swastika post 1945. As such the Spanish awards cannot be considered fake, merely of post war manufacture. I can't say one way or the other if yours or mine are of Spanish or German origin. Certainly the ring attachment is different on yours and the reverse detail especially around the leaves (oak and olive?) seems soft, perhaps indicating a worn die in your case and therefore a late manufacture of Spanish origin.

Thats only an educated guess so maybe another member has more definitive information to add?

?

Hi, there are german and spanish production 3 different kind of metal used 2 in war time and one after WWII in Spain; different kind of washing. The golden one is a late spanish from after WWII, the one above is a german production, both good just different period and mould and metal used.

Here in mine.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tapferkeits- und Erinnerungsmedaille der Spanischen "Blauen Division".   Tapferkeits- und Erinnerungsmedaille der Spanischen "Blauen Division".  

Tapferkeits- und Erinnerungsmedaille der Spanischen "Blauen Division".   Tapferkeits- und Erinnerungsmedaille der Spanischen "Blauen Division".  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Nice one Ade! Seeing as your example has a golden tone and a similar ring attachment to mine do you concur with member Tagete that we have Spanish manufacture awards?

Always considered mine as being German made to be honest? Bought mine well over 30 years ago now.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Hi Ade, hi Glenn! Glenn please call me Massimo!
    My infos are coming from C. Ailsby ww2 german medals book page 129, ok maybe not a bible but still quite trusteble.
    quoting:
    this medal is identical to its german counterpart, except that the die is slightly modified, so that the shields on th obverse are more pointed and the german eagle and swastika have a slightelly different appearance. The outer edge line is thicker with that on the reverse being approximatellytwice as thick. Lettering on the inscription also varies in that it is more pronouced. The medal ring suspender is also more pronunced and in the form of a barrel or a ball.....

Hope can help

G43
    ?

So is it safe to say that mine is not a reproduction?

?

Quote by G43 View Post
    So is it safe to say that mine is not a reproduction?
    G43, I'm new here and I belive that I'll have to do a lot before someone will consider what I say... but for me yes ur is good

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast