Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

are these medal bars real or fake

Article about: Hi Everyone, I'm new to collecting and new to the forum, so forgive me if anything I have done in this post is wrong or incorrect. After stumbling upon these forums and reading some stories

Default are these medal bars real or fake

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to collecting and new to the forum, so forgive me if anything I have done in this post is wrong or incorrect. After stumbling upon these forums and reading some stories of people like myself with no idea, a new found desire for collecting and an ability to waste a lot of money on fake items that are worth nothing even though you think you are buying from reputable dealers, I decided to take the advice commonly given on the forum and ask first.

Are these medals real or fake?

are these medal bars real or fakeare these medal bars real or fakeare these medal bars real or fakeare these medal bars real or fakeare these medal bars real or fake

Thanks for any help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement are these medal bars real or fake
    P
    Many

We'll see what the others say, but I like them. I think these are some service awards (4 and 12 years) for Luftwaffe, Sudentenland or otherwise known as October medals that commemorate the 1st of October for the Sudentenland union with Germany, a KVK 2nd class with swords, and a west wall medal.

Could just be age and nothing, but that west wall medal kind of looks like it might have scorching damage on it. Makes you wonder if perhaps that set was on a person who may have met an untimely fate or injury.

Quote by avenger View Post
    We'll see what the others say, but I like them. I think these are some service awards (4 and 12 years) for Luftwaffe, Sudentenland or otherwise known as October medals that commemorate the 1st of October for the Sudentenland union with Germany, a KVK 2nd class with swords, and a west wall medal.

Could just be age and nothing, but that west wall medal kind of looks like it might have scorching damage on it. Makes you wonder if perhaps that set was on a person who may have met an untimely fate or injury.
    Hello and welcome to the forum!
    Most of what Scott has stated is correct, except I believe the one with the bar on the ribbon is a Czech annexation medal.
    The damage to the West Wall medal could be a reaction to having been stored resting against something else.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forum!
    Most of what Scott has stated is correct, except I believe the one with the bar on the ribbon is a Czech annexation medal.
    The damage to the West Wall medal could be a reaction to having been stored resting against something else.
    Ralph.
    Correct Ralph....

- Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 13. März 1938 [= Austrian annexation]: in a matt silver finish [mattsilber getönt]
    - Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938 [= Sudetenland annexation]: in a bronze finish [bronzegetönt]
    - Medaille zur Erinnerung an die Heimkehr des Memellandes = Memelland annexation]: in a dark bronze finish [dunkelbronzefarben getönt]

(credit on the above to our esteemed HLP2008 when I posed mine)

Rhino - Welcome to the forum. Wise choice. The "bronze" is the Sudetenland annexexation and the silver one (middle first picture) is the Austrian annexation

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for the help guys, I have decided to buy these medals.

Now I just have to wait about a week for them to arrive in the post.

Out of curiosity, to see if I overpaid what would you think is a fair price for each of these bars?

?

Default Medal Bars

Hello,
    I am a collector of medal bars and from the photos both bars look fine for the most part (medal bars are always something that needs to be examined by hand). The West Wall appears to have had something resting on it as suggested by Ralph and is not burned. These bars were not worn in the field and the idea that it could be scorched would not make much sense.

The second bar appears to have a very unusual Prague bar and I would like better pictures of it (the details and size are different). Here is an example on one of my bars for comparison (of the more typical type). There is a variant of this bar in which the steeple touches the inner frame and your bar could be it.

Jody
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture are these medal bars real or fake  

?

Default Prague Bar

Hello,
    The Prague bar I am talking about is this example. Does your bar look like this one?

Jody
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture are these medal bars real or fake  

Hi jody

The bar has not arrived yet as I only just purchased it online about an hour ago, the pics I showed were directly from the website so I can not get better pics until it arrives, though it does look more like the second example you have shown... I hope I have not ended up with a lesser version ...

I was considering buying the first set in your photos - the one
    with the West Wall Medal. I know some would frown, but the
    ring on the West Wall could be twisted open and a better
    example put on there - well, that's what I was thinking.

Congrats on your purchases.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your collection!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast