Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Are these real?!!!

Article about: Well, at least NSDAP badge looks original to me. But it is in relic condition and not worth much.

Default Are these real?!!!

bought this lot from a old veteran.
    found it at his addect, anyone can help?

Are these real?!!!Are these real?!!!Are these real?!!!Are these real?!!!Are these real?!!!Are these real?!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Are these real?!!!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Are these real?!!!

The ring looks suspicious!

Why? Whats the value of the three objects?
    Grts

Not very much I am afraid.
    I believe they are all repros. The political pin MIGHT have a chance.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

The ring is a common fake.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Welcome to the forum and thank you for posting. Unfortunately none of the items are of any value. The NSDAP badge is in very poor condition and won't have much value if original. The ring is a modern product as already stated and the oakleaves with SS runes are some form of fantasy item.
    Last edited by Adrian; 02-20-2012 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Typo.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

It's a shame, but sometimes you have to carefully inspect items, even from veterans. Being a veteran doesn't guarantee authenticity. Ask questions about where they got the items. They say believe the item, not the story, but doing your investigation it does't hurt to take the story into consideration. Maybe the items and story really do match up, sometimes they don't. Thanks for posting though, and welcome to the forum.

Quote by helmetone View Post
    It's a shame, but sometimes you have to carefully inspect items, even from veterans. Being a veteran doesn't guarantee authenticity. Ask questions about where they got the items. They say believe the item, not the story, but doing your investigation it does't hurt to take the story into consideration. Maybe the items and story really do match up, sometimes they don't. Thanks for posting though, and welcome to the forum.
    Thank you for the help an beautifull recieving of a new member!
    I am a ww2 collector with a big hole in my pocket now cause of these three items.
    Back to only collecting the weapons!
    Kind regards!

?

Don't give up, just ask before you spend any money, everyone here is willing to help and give you good advice.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Vanbratsky View Post
    Thank you for the help an beautifull recieving of a new member!
    I am a ww2 collector with a big hole in my pocket now cause of these three items.
    Back to only collecting the weapons!
    Kind regards!
    Don't let this scare you off of collecting, just be sure to post photos of anything that you are considering buying before spending the money. There are many friendly people on this forum that are happy to help you out.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast