Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

These WWII German medals, tinnies, insignia, etc. walked into my office in a baggy. A mini collection.

Article about: There is a bulletin board in my company where employees are allowed to post for sale ads. I posted a Militaria Wanted advertisement and a co-worker appeared in my office with a baggie full o

?

Default These WWII German medals, tinnies, insignia, etc. walked into my office in a baggy. A mini collection.

There is a bulletin board in my company where employees are allowed to post for sale ads. I posted a Militaria Wanted advertisement and a co-worker appeared in my office with a baggie full of various German medals, tinnies, insignia, etc.that his father had collected while he was stationed/fighting in Europe during WWII. I know next to nothing about these items, but took them out of the baggy and mounted them on these boards. The interesting thing is that these items are made of various materials such as wood, leather, metal, plastic, embroidered cloth, etc. BTW. The metal plates at the bottom of the third panel appear to have been taken off of beer steins.

So presented here for your inspection is a potpourri of WWII German items. Comments and identification of individual items are welcome.

These WWII German medals, tinnies, insignia, etc. walked into my office in a baggy. A mini collection.These WWII German medals, tinnies, insignia, etc. walked into my office in a baggy. A mini collection.These WWII German medals, tinnies, insignia, etc. walked into my office in a baggy. A mini collection.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement These WWII German medals, tinnies, insignia, etc. walked into my office in a baggy. A mini collection.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: These WWII German medals, tinnies, insignia, etc. walked into my office in a baggy. A mini collection.

Hello and welcome.
    You seem to have a large selection of 'tinnies' with one or two other items in there as well. 'Tinnies' were sold as fund raisers on party days, rallies etc (as per the date on them). On the whole there is a small value attached to them, some of the rarer examples are worth more. This isn't my area so I can't help much more with them but I'm sure there are a few guys here who can give you some more information on them.
    You also have what looks like a Panzer collar tab skull and Heer cap eagle on the bottom of the first board with some stickpins just above them, the swastika with a cog wheel around it is the symbol for the DAF - Deutsche Arbeitsfront (German Labour Front).
    On the bottom board you have a Luftwaffe breast eagle and the four metal plates at the bottom I would suggest are for walking sticks. These would be bought in the area featured on the plaque, bent around the shaft of the walking stick and tacked into place, a practice that still happens today.
    That's about as much as I can help you with but I'm sure a few of the others will help out!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: These WWII German medals, tinnies, insignia, etc. walked into my office in a baggy. A mini collection.

The little flags and soldier portraits are WHW or Winterhilfs tschoskes given out for contribution to winter relief. NH

Second row from bottom on the top pic you have what looks to be a late painted NSDAP party pin

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Decided to bump this up after buying a second ziplock bag of goodies from a different vets family.

Quote by rambob View Post
    Decided to bump this up after buying a second ziplock bag of goodies from a different vets family.
    Hello Rambob
    So are we now going to see the next bundle of goodies that you bought?
    There were some little treasures in that last lot
    The badges What you originally thought came off beer steins are in fact tin badges that were attached to walking sticks....much like a souvenir of where you had been

All the best Doug

First photo top left corner is a Reichsarbeitsdienst der weibliche Jugend badge (Labor Service of the Reich for the Female Youth), i've got one the same!..

?

Hey Doug, Ask and ye shall receive sayeth the Rambob. Here are the contents of the last ziplock bag I just bought from the vets family. Plus this SS badge which also came in the bag that I photographed separately.

These WWII German medals, tinnies, insignia, etc. walked into my office in a baggy. A mini collection.

Quote by rambob View Post
    Hey Doug, Ask and ye shall receive sayeth the Rambob.
    Thanks.
    That's another nice bundle of stuff...Nothing too rare but that eagle up at the top left looks like something to research with those odd shaped wings.

You'll have to keep this thread running as you are pulling a few bits out of the woodwork.

All the best
    Doug