Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Third Reich Olympic Cased Medal

Article about: Hello All, Can I please get opinions on this medal? Is it authentic? Any approximate value estimates? Thanks in advance. Ed

?

Default Re: Third Reich Olympic Cased Medal

An original set.

The ribbon colour is correct, not faded. Some period ribbons are an orange colour as opposed to the expected red. I have EK ribbons which are more orange than red. Nothing to worry about in this case.

If the ribbon was faded it would not fade uniformly all over the ribbon. It would perhaps fade on one side but you would expect the reverse to retain the original colour as well around the pin but as we can see, this ribbon is the same colour all over.
    Also, if it's a cased medal the fading would be very minimal unless the medal was stored with the case open and in direct sunlight.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Third Reich Olympic Cased Medal
    P
    Many

ETF
    ?

Great information Adrian. Thank you.

Ed

Quote by Adrian View Post
    An original set.

The ribbon colour is correct, not faded. Some period ribbons are an orange colour as opposed to the expected red. I have EK ribbons which are more orange than red. Nothing to worry about in this case.

If the ribbon was faded it would not fade uniformly all over the ribbon. It would perhaps fade on one side but you would expect the reverse to retain the original colour as well around the pin but as we can see, this ribbon is the same colour all over.
    Also, if it's a cased medal the fading would be very minimal unless the medal was stored with the case open and in direct sunlight.
    I never knew they came in orange shades as well as red, interesting info!..

Edit, i just remembered the "red" stripe on my Sudetenland Medaille ribbon is orange, i just put it down to age and fading but it is uniformly orange. Engage brain before typing!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2