Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Thoughts on Assman Fliegerschutzenabzeichen für Bordfunker und Bordschutzen Badge

Article about: See images below? Do you believe this is an original? Thank you for your feedback!

Default Thoughts on Assman Fliegerschutzenabzeichen für Bordfunker und Bordschutzen Badge

See images below? Do you believe this is an original? Thank you for your feedback!

Thoughts on Assman Fliegerschutzenabzeichen für Bordfunker und Bordschutzen BadgeThoughts on Assman Fliegerschutzenabzeichen für Bordfunker und Bordschutzen BadgeThoughts on Assman Fliegerschutzenabzeichen für Bordfunker und Bordschutzen Badge
    Last edited by rbminis; 06-13-2020 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on Assman Fliegerschutzenabzeichen für Bordfunker und Bordschutzen Badge
    P
    Many

Please read, and use this thread.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

raz
    ?

From these pictures I like the mm and hardware but the rivets have been beaten flat . I like what I see so far , can you get weights and measurements ? Should be somewhere around 42.83 mm wide x 53.11 mm high and 38.8 grams and should be tombak which I cannot make out on the pics . Wait for more to comment .

Hi Raz,

The badge is tombak (according to seller who I know well). What does the rivets being "beaten flat" indicate? Is that an indication of of a fake? When you mention the width in mm is that wing tip to wing tip or only the width of the oval? Sorry for the additional questions. I do appreciate your expertise in this area.

KR

MAP
    ?

Quote by trespass View Post
    Hi Raz,

The badge is tombak (according to seller who I know well). What does the rivets being "beaten flat" indicate? Is that an indication of of a fake? When you mention the width in mm is that wing tip to wing tip or only the width of the oval? Sorry for the additional questions. I do appreciate your expertise in this area.

KR
    I think Assmann rivets are typically dome shaped. But not unheard of to be flattened. Here is my AG Assmann example. It's original with flattened rivets.

Fliegerschutzenabzeichen fur Bordschutzen und Bordmechaniker - Assman (Luft Air Gunner Award)

Thoughts on Assman Fliegerschutzenabzeichen für Bordfunker und Bordschutzen Badge

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

raz
    ?

I also thought it could be a tombak wreath with a zink eagle because of the flattened rivets Micheal . Would be nice to know weight and measurement ( widest point of the badge ) . As you know Assmann had nipple rivets for their tombak badges . Glad you chimed in , maybe others will do the same . By the way , nice AG you have there .

Dennis

MAP
    ?

Quote by raz View Post
    I also thought it could be a tombak wreath with a zink eagle because of the flattened rivets Micheal . Would be nice to know weight and measurement ( widest point of the badge ) . As you know Assmann had nipple rivets for their tombak badges . Glad you chimed in , maybe others will do the same . By the way , nice AG you have there .

Dennis
    Very good point and something I missed. Could be it was loose and it was tightened up??
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Measurements came back as positive per follow up post by SME. I have purchased. Once in hand I'll provide a short review. I think it's all Tombak and yes, maybe eagle had to be tightened.