Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thoughts on Krimschild

Article about: Another thing to look for is the shape of the small lagoon on the bottom right piece of land like on mine, the shape looks a bit like the bottom of a square on mine. This seems to be differe

Default Re: Thoughts on Krimschild

Another thing to look for is the shape of the small lagoon on the bottom right piece of land like on mine, the shape looks a bit like the bottom of a square on mine. This seems to be different with different makers I wish I could circle it but I am crap with computers.
    So hope you know what I am on about.
    Rod

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on Krimschild
    P
    Many

?

Hi Gunny, I took a quick picture of my Krim Shield for ya, the outline of the coastline look a bit different on mine, but I don't know if that's just a different maker thing. I am a bit concerned about the wool and the green paper though, I haven't noticed a green paper backing before, but the things that I don't know could fill a book, haha. I hope it turns out good for ya buddy, nothing worse than doubting an item in your collection I know the feeling

Thoughts on Krimschild

Sorry for bumping this, i've spent about 4 hours on the net today trying to find a match, any ideas folks?

There doesn’t seem to be any experts on these on here, If there is they are keeping quiet.
    The only advice i can give is the same advice as I gave myself last week, I you cant find a match stay away from it. Wait for a 100% original that can be identified.
    How much is it going for or is it already yours?
    Your shout mate
    Regards
    Rod

It'a all ready mine mate, i bought it from a dealer i trust and i know if it's a dud i'll get a refund. I'm just getting a bit frustrated i cant find a match.

I can understand your frustration Gunny, I really wish I could help more, I was lucky that i found 100% evidence that my was good one. does the seller have a clue who the maker could be.
    Eddie
    I notice that on the emedals link in post three the first one on the second row has green backing paper. I never checked them all.
    Regards
    Rod

Rod if you have a look at the one far right on the top row it's got the exact same colour backing paper, the head looks quite similar too with not a lot of detail, i'm allmost sure it's the same.

I,ve been playing spot the difference with these for the last ten minutes,
    And I think you could be correct, the only small differences I can see, perhaps due to ware is the length of the small top left island and the leg feathers on the eagle. As I say that could be put down to ware. Pity we don’t know who the maker is so we could find a better example.
    This is the one with the green backing paper, not the first one on the second row, the last one on the first row, sorry Eddie.
    I wonder what colour of backing paper is on the back of yours gunny.
    Rod

Yup i can find very little difference and like you say it could be wear. i found an article on Deumer shields and it showed how the detail on the eagles head changed as the dies wore. Yeah Rod look at my first post, the backing paper looks the same colour!...

Your talking to thicko here I have been paying that much attention to the front that i forgot about the first picture.
    See if you can find others with green backing paper and compare the fronts it may be a clue to the maker especially if Eddie hasn’t noticed another.
    Let us know if you do find the maker
    Rod

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast