Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thoughts on Krimschild

Article about: Another thing to look for is the shape of the small lagoon on the bottom right piece of land like on mine, the shape looks a bit like the bottom of a square on mine. This seems to be differe

Default Re: Thoughts on Krimschild

Will do Rod, cheers mate.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on Krimschild
    P
    Many

?

Quote by plumbob View Post
    Eddie
    I notice that on the emedals link in post three the first one on the second row has green backing paper. I never checked them all.
    Regards
    Rod
    Oh hey man, good eye! I think the wool on that example and the thickness of the swastika match as well. Looks like a match to me.

Cheers Eddie, do you mean this one. http://www.emedals.com/collectors-ga.../krim-shield-4

Check out the manky 'M'!! This looks like the unknown maker 1.27 as per Weber's reference book but the head doesn't match. Without better photos (especially of the head and dates) I'd be looking elsewhere.

Thoughts on KrimschildThoughts on KrimschildThoughts on KrimschildThoughts on KrimschildThoughts on Krimschild

Some more photos as requested, taken in natural light but the sun is low in the sky this time of year, so still not the best!...

90 degrees straight on of the head please, no angles. Use macro setting if you got it.

Thoughts on KrimschildThoughts on KrimschildThoughts on KrimschildThoughts on Krimschild
    Hope these are OK, my lens is a telephoto with a macro setting i really need a dedicated macro.

Thats much better, thanks. I would hope some other folk would chime in also as I am going from a reference book only (albeit a very respected one) but as of now I see a good match to the unknown maker 1.27 as per Sascha Weber. The author makes note that this maker is very rare so it would seem congratulations are in order.

A big big big thank you Glenn you've made my day, i bought the shield from a trusted dealer in Berlin and i didn't think she'd knowingly sell me a dud. This is a bloody great site, thanks again!.....

Well done gunny, thank god someone has a book on these, I hope that is the puzzle solved.
    What sealed on my one last week was the small die flaw which can also be observed on the back, this seems to be on all deumers,
    Well done
    Rod

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast