MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Three new medals, good?

Article about: I'm such a newbie it almost hurts. I need all of your help with these. I just don't have the skills to say if they are "good" or not. I traded for them recently and don't really kn

Default Re: Three new medals, good?

you have an iron cross,2nd class,Hindenburg Cross with Swords for WW I combatants,Mines Sweeper badge,,,makers mark is too hard to see and your description doesnt bring up any known maker to mind,,,can you post a clearer pic of the makers mark?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Three new medals, good?
    P
    Many

Hey that's great guys, thanks for all the info, made my day for sure! Should/can I clean the iron cross? There's a bit of rust around it and I would like to get rid of that but I know that with most things it's often best to leave them be rather than risk destroying the patina. Thanks again-

?

Dont clean.. It is very nice as it is. Just my opinion.

?

Quote by militarymania View Post
    makers mark is too hard to see and your description doesnt bring up any known maker to mind
    Lind & Meyrer Robert.

Quote by Cannonman17 View Post
    Should/can I clean the iron cross? There's a bit of rust around it and I would like to get rid of that but I know that with most things it's often best to leave them be rather than risk destroying the patina.
    No, please don't clean it. The patina is part of the cross's history and removing it is not recommended. You will end up with a cleaned EK and regret it. Just store the cross in an enviroment where the rust won't get worse.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    I think Cannonman meant "what is mine?" in relation to his Iron Cross. He knows there are different classes and therefore "what is his example?" .......... "not what is a mine?"
    my mistake, man I have got to get new glasses, sorry about that. my mistake. it was late & I was tired I thought there was an a in there

The minesweeper badge is for sale if anybody is interested, shoot me an email offer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2