Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

TR? Lot of items for review, please.

Article about: The mugs are fine! Now go back and get the matching Luft Saucers...! William And, youre probably by far the safest sticking with a decent dealer like Lakeside or someone similar. You might p

Default TR? Lot of items for review, please.

TR? Lot of items for review, please.TR? Lot of items for review, please.TR? Lot of items for review, please.TR? Lot of items for review, please.TR? Lot of items for review, please.TR? Lot of items for review, please.TR? Lot of items for review, please.TR? Lot of items for review, please.Hello gentlemen,

So here I was, armed with a month's worth of newly found knowledge and looking for my first authentic TR award, a minty cased EK1 when, BAM!, I walked upon these items. I figured with all the threads I have read on this forum, and its infinate intelligencia, I was ready to purchase that cased EK1. Maybe I do possess some of that knowledge but I wasn't ready for all of these items. You did teach me that TR period items are of utmost quality and I scrutinized each piece as I again broke the golden rule of posting before buying. This will be the last purchase I make before doing so, however, I offered a scant $95usc. So, if the lot of it is not authentic, I will still sleep well at that price. I left for home with today's take and tomorrow will bring a new dawn and its hope of an EK1 cased and mint. Excuse the quality of the pics, a place with quality lighting wasn't available. Please let me know your likes or dislikes.

Green
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture TR? Lot of items for review, please.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement TR? Lot of items for review, please.
    P
    Many

Default Re: TR? Lot of items for review, please.

Mothers Cross is a fake, IMO. Spoon is good, lapel pins look ok.

I like the mugs, but someone with more knowledge will tell
    you for sure. The 'Lagergeld' I've never seen before
    - I'd say fantasy - wait for more responses.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Thank you, Walkwolf. The "lagergeld" piece appears to be from a wavy type paper stock and thought it might have a chance. Silly items really, but not bad for an antique shop.

Green

The Oranienburg camp scrip did actually exist, but due to the dramatic graphics on it, they were extremely heavily reproduced and this is one of them. Genuine notes had printing on the reverse side as well and are very much sought after with considerable value(they start Out at 500 dollars or more in average condition). As has been said, the Mother's Cross is a modern copy as well. The chevrons may stand a chance and possibly the stickpins also. The spoon and coffee mugs are Probably original too. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The Lagergeld reminds me of post WWI 'Notgeld', but it is strange
    to see a one-sided note for a KL. ( For me anyway )
    Interesting for comparison and display I suppose.

Not a bad deal. You should go back in a few days to see
    if they have more, if you haven't already asked.
    Regards,

Steve.

Thank you for your replies, Wagriff and Walkwolf. If original camp scripts are valued at such a price, then perhaps a lower display shelf may exist for it!? I would like to ask why your answers are such for the Mother's Cross.

Green
    Last edited by Greenhorn; 11-08-2011 at 05:39 AM. Reason: typo

The cross looks rough and unsmooth -even on the edges, but especially the reverse side surfaces. It seems to be a cast medal. The enameling does not look as quality as the original do either. It's not a Bad copy, but not an original. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thank you. Laughing at myself....I thought this might be the best piece. Price of piece=cheap, price to post pic here first=free, price of lesson=priceless!

Green

The mugs are the best buy if they are good, IMO. I think they are
    - but it's not my field - The swastika on the Mothers Cross
    is also tilted slightly to the left.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

I will be very pleased if the mugs cut the mustard. I will also check the antique shop again in the future, it's like trapping wild game, productive areas produce multiple times.

Think I will have to use a trusted dealer for the EK1 though. Thanks again!

Green

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast