Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 50 Jahre

Article about: Just picked this up last week before I went out of town. A 50 year Faithful Service Cross. Hope shes a good one! Annoyed from this ads?  

The thread staters example is beautiful! Did it come with a nice minty ribbon ?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 50 Jahre
    P
    Many

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    The thread staters example is beautiful! Did it come with a nice minty ribbon ?

Nick
    Ooops, I forgot to say that I see no issues with the award at the top of the thread either!! To busy waffling on about e-medals! Leon.

Great find !

Very crisp detail you would expect .

Unfortunately no ribbon. But if I could find an original one to attach, it would look even better.

And even finer, in a nice red and gold case! It's a beautifully made medal!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

how can it survive in that condition without a box?

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    how can it survive in that condition without a box?
    Kept in a biscuit tin under the bed I bet.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Kept in a biscuit tin under the bed I bet.
    Or someone's knicker drawer!......

?

I didn't realize it was for service with just one sector I though it was service in general thanks did not know that

Quote by gel65 View Post
    I didn't realize it was for service with just one sector I though it was service in general thanks did not know that
    You're welcome. It's a common misconception that the 50 year cross was just the highest grade to the other two and that someone could successively be bestowed all three grades, but that was not the case.

The 25 and 40 year crosses of the Treudienst-Ehrenzeichen were for officials, employees and laborers in the public sector. [Beamte, Angestellte und Arbeiter des öffentlichen Dienstes] This included all national, state and municipal government and administrative bodies, the national railways and postal services, the fiscal authorities, public utility services, social security agencies, civilian personnel of the armed forces and the police, courts, the public education system etc. etc. In short, everything from street sweepers to diplomats, from letter carriers to secretaries of state and from bus drivers to supreme court judges.
    The special grade [Sonderstufe] for 50 years was only awarded to laborers and employees in the sector of private enterprise [Arbeiter und Angestellte der freien Wirtschaft] for 50 years of work for the same employer/company.

The nature of the different groups of recipients was reflected by the text on the reverse side of the crosses. The backs of the 25 and 40 year crosses read "Für treue Dienste" [For faithful services], whereas the 50 year cross had the text "Für treue Arbeit" [For faithful work/labor].

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast