Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 50 Jahre

Article about: Just picked this up last week before I went out of town. A 50 year Faithful Service Cross. Hope shes a good one! Annoyed from this ads?  

?

Default 50 Year Faithful Service Cross

Hello,
    I used to own a set of these awards myself. I actually obtained them from a veteran that lived in my neighborhood back in 1977 when I was 12. I no longer have them, I sold them at Max Show III in 1987. That being said, I would not be happy with the award that started this thread. I agree with what Matt has said. The 50 year award is not common and care should be taken when purchasing one. My example had a nice fire-gilt finish to the wreath as well as number, I do not see that on the award that was posted.

Regards,
    Jody

Here is the only photo I still have of my former awards.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 50 Jahre  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 50 Jahre
    P
    Many

Well I just checked my ring under macro photography *snigger snigger* and there is no sign of a maker mark I'm afraid to say. The fact that the case my award came with was a Deschler will have to do as proof of manufacture.

It would appear that the lack of burnishing has been addressed on the latest generation of those crosses.
    Luckily for us, it is not the only issue. Possibly from the same source judging by the background.
    Picture credit: Sanya13 (WAF).

cheers

Matt

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4