Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Two medals (EK2 and KVK2) fake or the real deal?

Article about: Made by Klein&Quenzer, but no number on the ring. And the War Merit cross: Fakes or not ?

Default Two medals (EK2 and KVK2) fake or the real deal?

Made by Klein&Quenzer, but no number on the ring.
    Two medals (EK2 and KVK2) fake or the real deal?Two medals (EK2 and KVK2) fake or the real deal?Two medals (EK2 and KVK2) fake or the real deal?Two medals (EK2 and KVK2) fake or the real deal?Two medals (EK2 and KVK2) fake or the real deal?
    And the War Merit cross:
    Two medals (EK2 and KVK2) fake or the real deal?
    Two medals (EK2 and KVK2) fake or the real deal?Two medals (EK2 and KVK2) fake or the real deal?

Fakes or not ?
    Last edited by Adrian; 01-17-2011 at 04:17 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two medals (EK2 and KVK2) fake or the real deal?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Two medals(EK2 and War Merit 2)fake or the real deal?

looks good to me

?

Default Re: Two medals(EK2 and War Merit 2)fake or the real deal?

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Both medals and the envelope are original and have no issues. The EK does not belong to the packet however, it is a Steinhauer & Luck type cross and is not a Klein & Quenzer.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: Two medals (EK2 and KVK2) fake or the real deal?

How you can recognize if it's fake or not ?
    And how you can decide so fast that it's Steinhauer & Luck type cross .. like wow (if I had skills like that)

but anyways..how I can recognize EK1, if it's fake or not,because I'm planning to get one.

?

Quote by paidepk View Post
    How you can recognize if it's fake or not ?

And how you can decide so fast that it's Steinhauer & Luck type cross .. like wow (if I had skills like that)

but anyways..how I can recognize EK1, if it's fake or not,because I'm planning to get one.
    Experience helps in determining whether or not an particular item is fake, no matter if its an EK2, a Pilots Badge, a helmet, a tunic or a photograph - it just comes down to studying the items, learning the good points from the bad and alot of time. That's not to say any of us get it right all of the time (especially me!)

After you've built up some experience and studied particular features of individual makers and the points to look for in recognising them you can start to put makers to crosses/badges or whatever it happens to be. Most makers of EK2s have identifying features and there are many differences between them once you get to know what to look out for.

Very hard for anyone to give an answer on how to tell a good EK1 from a bad one, books have been written on the subject and it goes far beyond what I can type here now. My advice would be to study those pictured here on the forum, if you find a cross you want to buy, get it put on hold and post it here for opinions before you part with any cash. Don't be fooled by any fancy stories that come with it, or a very reasonable price, get opinions from the collectors here and follow their advice. Don't be afraid to ask questions either!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Welcome Paidepk !

Good advice there from Adrian !

You have some nice items, but tread carefully and keep taking the good advice from forum experts You will be amazed how fast you learn.

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

K&Q EK's are very easy to recognise due to their unique date number "3".