Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

U Boat Badge/Emblem.

Article about: Hi to all! I recently came across these two items. A small bronze pin badge which is a minature of the WWII U Boat badge. This has no makers mark, or any marks at all. Also the shield emblem

?

Default U Boat Badge/Emblem.

Hi to all!
    I recently came across these two items. A small bronze pin badge which is a minature of the WWII U Boat badge. This has no makers mark, or any marks at all. Also the shield emblem badge which i was told was from U83, The Viking Boat. This has GES GESCH on the back of it. Does anyone know how to tell if these are genuine or repros??? Thanks! Mark!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture U Boat Badge/Emblem.  
    Last edited by Adrian; 06-01-2012 at 07:34 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement U Boat Badge/Emblem.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: U Boat Badge/Emblem.

Hi Mark and welcome. I've moved your thread to the TR Orders and Decorations forum as this is the best place for them.
    I like the look of the stick pin. The knurled pin is correct for these so a good sign there. I have no idea about the originality of the emblem badge but first impressions are that it also looks good however I'm not sure whether the Ges. Gesch marking should be on it or not. It basically means 'Pat Pending'.
    Can you post photos of the reverse of both items please?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Attachment 353862Attachment 353863
    Hi Adrian. Thanks for all of that! These are pics of the back of the badges.

?

The attachment links aren't working Mark, can you upload direct to the forum?

Really need sharp close-ups on the enamel but I agree with Adrian. This isn't an original emblem IMO. Here's an original one below showing the quality of these period enamel badges.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture U Boat Badge/Emblem.  

?

Hope you can see these??? My apologies for the quality but my camera has broken so i took them through a magnifying glass with my phone camera! I can't see how to post pics other than this way unless a new thread is started. Hope you can see the enamel ok! Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture U Boat Badge/Emblem.   U Boat Badge/Emblem.  

U Boat Badge/Emblem.  
    Last edited by Adrian; 06-01-2012 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Photos uploaded.

?

Attachment 356877Attachment 356878
    Clearer image of the pin badge.

?

I like the stickpin but is it me or does the pin look like it's been re-attached at some point? It looks like it started off behind the eagle but is now behind the swastika?

?

To my untrained eye that's just a mark, though i'm not 100% certain of this.