Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

U-boot Frontspange in Bronze for Your Opinions Please

Article about: Hi One and All, I have requested opinions on several badges today and would like to try one more, a KM Uboat bar. I purchased this badge quite a few years back and and would value any coment

Default U-boot Frontspange in Bronze for Your Opinions Please

Hi One and All, I have requested opinions on several badges today and would like to try one more, a KM Uboat bar. I purchased this badge quite a few years back and and would value any coments or opinions which you may wish to make.
    Many thanks Michael R

PS, I have also included a button for identification please

Last edited by rbminis; 02-22-2015 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct Gerrman terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement U-boot Frontspange in Bronze for Your Opinions Please
    P
    Many

I have moved your thread to the Orders and Decorations of the 3rd Reich Forum where you will likely receive more replies. The button is from the uniform of a NSDAP political leader's uniform.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Looks like a good First Pattern Spange. Pin has been repaired however and seems to have been replaced slightly further to the right than normal. You can see on the attached images of an original in silver that the hinge block on yours is slightly too far to the left, making the pin seem too long when looking at the retaining clip.
    Seems the correct style of fitting however so could be the original poin and clip that have come adrift and been re attached rather messily.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture U-boot Frontspange in Bronze for Your Opinions Please   U-boot Frontspange in Bronze for Your Opinions Please  

good wit reattached pin.

I would have to agree. It's an original spange, but the hardware on the back has come loose and has been crudely re-attached. Possibly an in-field repair. A fairly scarce and good value badge with a very short award time. It has just enough of the original bronze finish left on the crevices to tell it's grade. If it was reasonably priced, I would definitely say for a collector to go for it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Hello,
    It is a good 1st pattern U-boat clasp (it does appear to have a repaired pin). As Bob has stated, the button is from a NSDAP Political Leaders uniform.

Jody

Hi Michael, looks a fine award from here to. The repair would not worry me to much on this one as it appears to be period and the award itself is a scarce one. Leon.

The repair would irk me. Another will be along if you're patient, unless something is uber rare, ALWAYS buy the best you can is my mantra.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi Bob, Sorry for the wrong forum. Thank you for moving the thread and information
    Cheerss MR

Thank you Redcap for your comments and photos.
    Cheers MR

- - ------- - -

Cheers Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!! Regards Michael

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast