Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

U-boot Kriegsabzeichen.

Article about: My grandfather was German and fought in WW2 he has passed away so I can't ask him so hopefully you can help. I was looking at his medals and researching them and couldn't find this one. It l

Default U-boot Kriegsabzeichen.

My grandfather was German and fought in WW2 he has passed away so I can't ask him so hopefully you can help. I was looking at his medals and researching them and couldn't find this one. It look's just like a U-Boat medal, but it has a death's head on it. It shows signs of wear. You can see a groove where the pin would go into the latch, and it looks like a stamp on the back in the very middle but I cant make out what it says.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture U-boot Kriegsabzeichen.   U-boot Kriegsabzeichen.  

U-boot Kriegsabzeichen.  
    Last edited by rbminis; 11-09-2014 at 03:44 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement U-boot Kriegsabzeichen.
    P
    Many

?

Default hmmmm

oh my, sorry to say that this is truly a horrible fantasy badge.
    Morris

Ok thanks man. I dont know why he would have it. Thanks again for the info.

?

I think the stamp on the back although "Faint" reads.... F...a....k...e... Probably a lesser known maker
    Sorry chris22121, Welcome to the forum by the way...G

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    Unfortunately, this is not an original award.
    Sorry.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by chris22121 View Post
    ... and it looks like a stamp on the back in the very middle but I cant make out what it says.
    Hi Chris,

Your badge is a cast reproduction of the RK zinc U-Boat badge, so the faint mark you're seeing is from the casting of the "RK in circle" maker's mark. Painful to behold and it's really bizarre that this eye-sore would have made it into your grandfather's collection.

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture U-boot Kriegsabzeichen.   U-boot Kriegsabzeichen.  

Right on thanks a lot for the info guys.

Great info thanks. It is weird to me too. I don't know why he would have a fake medal. What made it really strange is the death's head on it. That really threw me off.

Your grandfather could well have picked this up in the 1970s when crude fakes were in abundance.
    45 years later the reasons for doing so have been lost.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast