MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

U-boot Kriegsabzeichen - Deumer

Article about: Gents, Here is one i picked up back in the summer from e-stand. I felt fairly confident that it was a good badge as Norm has already critiqued it on WAF: e-stand u-boat - Wehrmacht-Awards.co

Default U-boot Kriegsabzeichen - Deumer

Gents,

Here is one i picked up back in the summer from e-stand. I felt fairly confident that it was a good badge as Norm has already critiqued it on WAF: e-stand u-boat - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    (Many thanks Norm)

It also lines up with the badge 1.33 in 'The Kriegsmarine Awards' by Weber/Skora.
    This badge can come with a solid or cut-out swastika and also with a question mark catch or stamped sheet metal catch as mine is. Badge is zinc.

This award is attributed to Wilhem Deumer (although is not marked). There is a database of awards here:
    Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums - View Single Post - Classification of U-Boat Badges based on obverse design

My only concern is if it has been re-guilded at some point. Apparently (from what i have read) Deumer awards held up very well (in terms of guilding) compared to other zinc awards.
    I've seen zinc awards that are also in this condition. Hard to really know for sure.
    The first 2 photos below are more representative of colour. The other photos i took, the indoor light was not good so they sparkle more than in hand.

Nick

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement U-boot Kriegsabzeichen - Deumer
    P
    Many

IMO it is a good original zinc Deumer.

Yes,the gilding does hold up on many of these awards,and from what i can see i think the gilding is original to what is a fabulous looking zinc badge ??

Cheers,Martin.

Many thanks Martin for your input. The collection is coming on nicely:

Nick

Though I prefer the Schwerin badges...it's refreshing to see a uboot from a different maker.
    This is a nice looking badge Nick...hard to tell from the front it is zinc.
    D.

Thanks David, i also like Schwerin a lot, but felt i needed to branch out to other makers if i intend to complete the entire KM set.
    This was also a very good price too.
    I'm trying to complete my wound badge set by collecting only those made by Carl Wild (107) - i've only got black so far

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    Many thanks Martin for your input. The collection is coming on nicely:

Nick

Nice looking collecton.

You just need the Hilfskreuzer,Marineartillerie,the 1st and 2nd pattern S-Boots and the U-Boot Spanges.

I have had all of the KM awards in my collection at some point.now all i have is 34 Hilfskreuzer awards.

I got selective in my old age..Lol.

Cheers,Martin.

MAP
    ?

Nick,

I missed this thread. Very nice pick up. A great example. Good luck on completing the set....The missing pieces get expensive
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)