Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

U-boot Kriegsabzeichen Funke & Brüninghaus

Article about: Hello folks haven’t been up here for a while. May I ask what you think of this badge, these are the only two pictures I have. I know it would be good to have a nice picture of the hinge bloc

Default U-boot Kriegsabzeichen Funke & Brüninghaus

Hello folks haven’t been up here for a while.
    May I ask what you think of this badge, these are the only two pictures I have. I know it would be good to have a nice picture of the hinge block but this is what I have to work with. I can’t quite make my mind up about it, the catch plate seems smaller than on other examples of this maker (looks like L/56) and the catch its self is flat wire but seems to have more rounded edges. Also where the fixing pin wraps round the hinge pin, it looks slightly misshaping not filling up the full width. Or am I being to picky.
    anyone spot anything else.
    Thanks in advance.
    Rod
    U-boot Kriegsabzeichen    Funke & BrüninghausU-boot Kriegsabzeichen    Funke & Brüninghaus

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement U-boot Kriegsabzeichen    Funke & Brüninghaus
    P
    Many

?

Hi Rod,

I think you've said it all and you're definitely not being too picky. I agree the two areas you pointed out raise red flags on this one -- perhaps repaired or perhaps post-war assembly. It's a common enough badge that you can wait for a better example.

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture U-boot Kriegsabzeichen    Funke & Brüninghaus  

Hi Rod, I think you are right mate, the hinge and catch do look "flimsy" compared to the original Norm has posted to compare with. Leon.

thanks chaps for helping me make my mind up once and for all.
    checked out a few of these, but thought I would post just in case the manufacturer had slightly changed the set up at some point. but all that I looked at were the same as Norms example.
    so its a no no for me
    thanks again
    Rod