Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

U-boot Kriegsabzeichen: How do you know if its real or fake?

Article about: Heres the dilemma....all mine, and now for the hard part the research to discover what treasures I amy be holding! Any of your expertise would be kindly appreciated, if anything i hope you e

Cool U-boot Kriegsabzeichen: How do you know if its real or fake?

U-boot Kriegsabzeichen: How do you know if its real or fake?U-boot Kriegsabzeichen: How do you know if its real or fake?

Heres the dilemma....all mine, and now for the hard part the research to discover what treasures I amy be holding! Any of your expertise would be kindly appreciated, if anything i hope you enjoy a glimpse at some history!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement U-boot Kriegsabzeichen: How do you know if its real or fake?
    P
    Many

Default re: U-boot Kriegsabzeichen: How do you know if its real or fake?

To answer your original question, by camparing your to known originals. Is there any markings on the reverse? Better photo will help. With what I currently have, I do not like the detail of the eagle. However, this could be due to the quality of your photographs which you have posted.

I to am a little troubled by this one but may be incorrect.Better pic's of the reverse are required I feel.
    Have a look at this one,It's very similar in detail.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...pinions-79917/
    Cheers
    Dave

Note I think your example is attempting to be this
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...zeichen-59699/
    Last edited by Thanatos; 12-05-2012 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Added link

Thank you so much for the info...My Uncle a world war 11 vet left them to me as an inhertance...This should be an intersting task to put them back out into the world again and discover the origins of these pieces....there are alot! Gonna have to get a lil better at my camera work hehe....STAY TUNED! :-)

I am by no means an expert, but the clasp looks different than the one in the other thread. The detail looks similar to me though.

- - Updated - -

Quote by LAscorpion View Post
    Thank you so much for the info...My Uncle a world war 11 vet left them to me as an inhertance...This should be an intersting task to put them back out into the world again and discover the origins of these pieces....there are alot! Gonna have to get a lil better at my camera work hehe....STAY TUNED! :-)

Nice. Did he leave any story with it?

Cool re: U-boot Kriegsabzeichen: How do you know if its real or fake?

No sadly i didnt get any details other than he had been secretly collecting these while he served in WWII and even after that apparently...Im trying to unravel the details of some of them and possibly get them out to the people that cherish this sort of thing....its an exciting journey for me to say the least and the people ive met have been fantastic! So many people all over the world quite amazing!

"How do you know if its real or fake? Heres wut i got..."

How do you know? = KNOWLEDGE

Study your chosen subject until you can differentiate between original and fake.
    Learn and study the attributes and characteristics of your collecting interest...

Relying on others to determine originality will only cost you in the end.

Best Regards, fischer

Quick question, why ask I it's real or fake if your Uncle brought it back. I have several items from family and would never question it's Authenticity. Sounds a little strange to me.

Default Re: U-boot Kriegsabzeichen: How do you know if its real or fake?

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Quick question, why ask I it's real or fake if your Uncle brought it back. I have several items from family and would never question it's Authenticity. Sounds a little strange to me.
    I think it's because, as he is saying, his uncle collected AFTER the war as well. So it may not be one that he directly brought back.

?

Default Re: U-boot Kriegsabzeichen: How do you know if its real or fake?

How do you know if it's real or fake?

In no particular order:

Experience.

Study.

Research.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast