Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

U-Boot Kriegsabzeichen mit Brillanten.

Article about: Thank you all of the thoughts and expertise. Yes a repro - too bad but that's the game ( had no money in it so no harm ). and let me apologize once more for the silly multiple thread, was no

Default U-Boot Kriegsabzeichen mit Brillanten.

Hello There,
    New to the forum but been collecting for year.
    Came across this today from an estate.
    Any thoughts ?
    Cheers
    U-Boot Kriegsabzeichen mit Brillanten.U-Boot Kriegsabzeichen mit Brillanten.U-Boot Kriegsabzeichen mit Brillanten.U-Boot Kriegsabzeichen mit Brillanten.U-Boot Kriegsabzeichen mit Brillanten.U-Boot Kriegsabzeichen mit Brillanten.U-Boot Kriegsabzeichen mit Brillanten.U-Boot Kriegsabzeichen mit Brillanten.U-Boot Kriegsabzeichen mit Brillanten.U-Boot Kriegsabzeichen mit Brillanten.U-Boot Kriegsabzeichen mit Brillanten.U-Boot Kriegsabzeichen mit Brillanten.U-Boot Kriegsabzeichen mit Brillanten.U-Boot Kriegsabzeichen mit Brillanten.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement U-Boot Kriegsabzeichen mit Brillanten.
    P
    Many

Jan
    ?

That´s one strange looking eagle

Best,

Jan

Quote by Jan View Post
    That´s one strange looking eagle

Best,

Jan
    Yeah and what's with the add on Liberace swastika?.....BTW is this the third time you've posted this?...

Jan
    ?

In Finland we have a saying "kolmas kerta toden sanoo" which would translate to something like "the third time tells (is) the truth" maybe the third time did it for this badge

Best,

Jan

Yes - strange eagle indeed ( been looking at quite a few photos ) and there are a few different types out there, but yes I concur it does not bring confidence in the piece.
    As for the liberace diamonds - they seem to fit the bill - 9 of them ( real - had them checked by a jeweler ) in clasps.
    And lastly yes - I did post it on 3 different conversations, new to the site and wanted to get as many viewpoints possible.
    Cheers

This badge does not look like a Schwerin Type B Diamond award should look. Nor does it appear to be gilded over silver construction. It could well be a genuine badge, but I believe that the diamonds have been added post-war to enhance it's selling value. Read here for a more detailed description of the 20 badges that were issued:
    U-Boat War Badge with Diamonds
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

As I replied on the other thread, this appears to be a genuine Schwerin badge that has had diamonds added post-war to enhance it's selling value. Here is a more detailed descriptions and specifications for the 20 issued badges:
    U-Boat War Badge with Diamonds
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Sunlune View Post
    Yes - strange eagle indeed ( been looking at quite a few photos ) and there are a few different types out there, but yes I concur it does not bring confidence in the piece.
    As for the liberace diamonds - they seem to fit the bill - 9 of them ( real - had them checked by a jeweler ) in clasps.
    And lastly yes - I did post it on 3 different conversations, new to the site and wanted to get as many viewpoints possible.
    Cheers
    You should have started your own thread mate, they tend to get noticed more!..

I don't like the eagle's head in Sunlune's badge at all.
    cheers, Glenn

Thank you of that Wagriff,
    I have been reading everything I can on the badge, always fun to discover something new.
    As much as I would love for it to be one of the few issued, it is oddly unlikely.
    The diamonds are set well but the setting leaves something to be desired.
    Who in the US would be a good expect to show this badge too ?
    Cheers

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast