Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

U-boot Kriegsabzeichen, Real or ?

Article about: My wife gave me this U-boat badge for my birthday. Supposed to be authentic from a reputable dealer in Victoria, BC. I have some doubts about it - especially what looks like 'flash' between

No accurate figures are available to the best of my knowledge.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement U-boot Kriegsabzeichen, Real or ?
    P
    Many

28,000 German U-boat crew of the total 40,900 men recruited into the service lost their lives (and badges subsequently lost, of course) and 5,000 were taken prisoners of war. So this would put the number of badges out there as something around 17,900 existing issued pieces. Unissued badges? Is anyone's guess...These are just rough estimates, of course.

(These figures are from the Naval Historical Society of Australia)
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi catsmeat, sorry I'm late to the show! Yours is a genuine award that just needs a little "cleaning up" as mentioned by Norm and the others. A nice present, and much better than the socks and jumpers my wife gets me. Leon.

Nice Badge, indeed I would follow Norm s advice on this one, you will get a good result by all means. If you do that, please post some pictures with the result, Regards, Juan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2