Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

U-boot Kriegsabzeichen Real or Fake ?

Article about: Hi, Please take a look at this u-boat Badge marker mark SCHWERIN BERLIN 68. Thanks for your help guys.

?

Default U-boot Kriegsabzeichen Real or Fake ?

Hi,

Please take a look at this u-boat Badge marker mark SCHWERIN BERLIN 68.

Is this badge a Fake?

Thanks for your help guys.U-boot Kriegsabzeichen Real or Fake ?U-boot Kriegsabzeichen Real or Fake ?U-boot Kriegsabzeichen Real or Fake ?U-boot Kriegsabzeichen Real or Fake ?U-boot Kriegsabzeichen Real or Fake ?U-boot Kriegsabzeichen Real or Fake ?U-boot Kriegsabzeichen Real or Fake ?U-boot Kriegsabzeichen Real or Fake ?
    Last edited by rbminis; 05-03-2015 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the corect German teterminolgy.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement U-boot Kriegsabzeichen Real or Fake ?
    P
    Many

?

Hi Toolus,

Sorry to say, this is a well-known fake produced in large quantities. Sometimes called the "Cyclops" fake because of the craterous eye socket in the eagle's head. The maker mark font is incorrect as well.

Best regards,
    ---Norm

?

Hi,

Thanks Norm F i feel as i a be pounded in the nuts ever post i put up.

I suggest you either study or post them for opinions BEFORE you buy any more items. There are just too many fakes and too many places to buy them.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Tell me about it more reading needed and smaller medals to start with Thanks guys.

I have to agree with the others. A well know fake here.

In regards to reading and if you are interested in KM awards i suggest you invest in the three volume set "The Kriegsmarine Awards" by Sascha Weber & Gerhard Skora.I would get the revised English set with updates and revision by Norm Franke & John Robinson.
    To date this is the best piece of literature out there on Kriegsmarine awards.

Having said that,another good volume is "War Bages of the Kriegsmarine" by Gordon Williamson.There are lots of illustrations of KM award documents in this book.

Regards,Martin.

MAP
    ?

Lol...I have the same fake!!! Got burned years ago.

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi, as ever, the chaps are spot on about this one being a fake unfortunately. Those eye sockets are the biggest give away but the golden finish just does not look right either. Leon.