Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

U-Bootkriegsabzeichen

Article about: Hello, is it the original? thank you for answer

?

Hi Guys,

I think it's a just a heavily worn original which has been repainted, as stated. Both the wear and the painting make the detail poor.

Best regards,
    ---Norm

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement U-Bootkriegsabzeichen
    P
    Many

?

I washed the color
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture U-Bootkriegsabzeichen   U-Bootkriegsabzeichen  

U-Bootkriegsabzeichen   U-Bootkriegsabzeichen  

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I would pass on this one.
    The reverse cut outs are incorrect, the maker's mark is incorrect, and there is a lack of detail around the conning tower and the rudder/propeller area.
    Wait for other opinions though.
    Ralph.
    The "Gold" aint correct but the medal looks ok? no expert. That brings me to a related point-look at the gold color used on wreaths-you can tell good from bad easily enough. Fakers still as yet have been able to exactly match the same gold used in WWII. I don't have my KM badges available to post, but i've got three that are great examples to look at and study.

Quote by 24th Panzer Division View Post
    The "Gold" aint correct but the medal looks ok? no expert. That brings me to a related point-look at the gold color used on wreaths-you can tell good from bad easily enough. Fakers still as yet have been able to exactly match the same gold used in WWII. I don't have my KM badges available to post, but i've got three that are great examples to look at and study.
    If Norm says it's good...it is. As Ralph & I stated. Some members here claiming items are bad when they are real is very dangerous. Do your research before replying fellas.
    D.

On this one, my main concern was teaching others about the gold paint mi amigo. ;-)) I used to have a fairly sizable KM collection, but got rid of them to favor Army instead. Most went to a big collection in Washington and in Oregon-and supposedly were supposed to be featured in a book. However, it has been 14 years and counting. Not to sound like a wise guy but, I don't know who Norm is? exxcept the guy from Cheers.

Quote by Saladin View Post
    I would pass on this one as well.
    At the very best this is a worn badge that looks as though it has been painted with some airfix paint.
    However it does look very similar to this fake that has similar very weak details:

Attachment 1234394Attachment 1234393Attachment 1234392

Cheers
    Doug
    Well....it's this reply I speak of

The only KM badges I have left-are one U boat badge-that was given to me by the vet who earned it-as well as a Destroyer Badge-same vet had that one as well, and a 1st pattern E Boat badge that I got lucky on about 15 years ago. All are in perfect shape. The only one actually worn a bit-was the destroyer badge. The above looks great though, and is probably a bit better than mine. The vet first served on destroyers then transferred to U Boats I think early 42 or late 41??? If I remember correctly, his destroyer badge is a F.O. (Friedrich Orth) and his U Boat badge is an L/11??? been years since I last looked.

Quote by 24th Panzer Division View Post
    The only KM badges I have left-are one U boat badge-that was given to me by the vet who earned it-as well as aDestroyer Badge-same vet had that one as well, and a 1st pattern E Boat badge that I got lucky on about 15 years ago. All are in perfect shape. The only one actually worn a bit-was the destroyer badge. The above looks great though, and is probably a bit better than mine.
    I understand & agree. My collection of KM badges are all Schwerins in tombac so I don't have to question authenticity. Some of these less known makers can be a problem.
    Norm happens to be one of the most experienced KM badge collector known, I hold his opinion above most
    D.

I love Schwerins, Friedrich Orths as well as Assmanns. Im not a big fan of some of those that other forums made their "Star" badges to collect. Like C.E. Junker etc. But then again, I have never owned one-and only will if one is priced at a reasonable price and not inflated due to another forums status for that maker. I cut way back on my Luftwaffe badges too-selling off all but two to the same collector in Washington-about 14 years ago. I have an early-almost stone mint "A" (Assmann) Pilots badge. The feathering detail in the wings-I have never come across another that equals. The other is a fairly common but mint-Flak Badge.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2