Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

UBoat Badge and UBoat Clasp

Article about: hello all, here are two Kriegs UBoat medals. Tried the best with my only camara (cell phone). Will try for better ones if needed. Any help is appreciated. 1) UBoat Badge - Assman 2) UBoat Cl

MAP
    ?

Default UBoat Badge and UBoat Clasp

hello all,

here are two Kriegs UBoat medals. Tried the best with my only camara (cell phone). Will try for better ones if needed.

Any help is appreciated.

1) UBoat Badge - Assman

UBoat Badge and UBoat ClaspUBoat Badge and UBoat ClaspUBoat Badge and UBoat ClaspUBoat Badge and UBoat Clasp

2) UBoat Clasp in Silver - Entwurf Peekhaus Ausf Schwerin Berlin 68

UBoat Badge and UBoat ClaspUBoat Badge and UBoat ClaspUBoat Badge and UBoat ClaspUBoat Badge and UBoat ClaspUBoat Badge and UBoat Clasp
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement UBoat Badge and UBoat Clasp
    P
    Many

?

Hi MAP,

I'm sorry to say they're both reproductions based upon Schwerin designs, and the fake Assmann mark is added for good measure. Hopefully you can get your money back.

Best regards,
    ---Norm

MAP
    ?

Thanks Norm.

Nope. No $ back on these. Had them for many many years........

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Both poor fakes. Assman never made U-boat badges and the clasp has the wrong hardware on it and is extremely poorly cast.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

MAP
    ?

William,

I've had most of my badges for years (luckily not that many) and stopped collecting them a while ago because of this........Oh Well.

I truly wish that they would finally motivate themselves and start cracking down on the fake makers in the various countries and locales-including our own. Serious Money is now being stolen by these thieves and nobody but the ripped off collectors seems to give a damn. I would actually like to know just how much money every year is being lost this way. If this was any other hobby-coin collecting, oil paintings, antique jewelry...you name it, they would have moved to stop this insidious trade, but This hobby? Who cares if collectors of "war junk" go broke from getting ripped off? Certainly not our authorities....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

MAP
    ?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I truly wish that they would finally motivate themselves and start cracking down on the fake makers in the various countries and locales-including our own. Serious Money is now being stolen by these thieves and nobody but the ripped off collectors seems to give a damn. I would actually like to know just how much money every year is being lost this way. If this was any other hobby-coin collecting, oil paintings, antique jewelry...you name it, they would have moved to stop this insidious trade, but This hobby? Who cares if collectors of "war junk" go broke from getting ripped off? Certainly not our authorities....
    YES!!! And for non-experts it's even easier to fool! I'm glad I found WarRelics and have learned many lessons but sometimes too late. I know they guys I bought these from were fooled themselves. They are/were all honest and friends.

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Some may be illegal under the Hobby Protection Act of 1973. It reads in part:

"The manufacture in the United States, or the importation into the United States, for introduction into or distribution in commerce of any imitation political item which is not plainly and permanently marked with the calendar year in which such item was manufactured, is unlawful and is an unfair or deceptive act or practice in commerce under the Federal Trade Commission Act."

I believe it was intended to prevent the faking of American political items, such as pins and the like, but it seems that the broadness of it would mean that it also implies to certain Third Reich items, if they are political in nature. I think that it might not apply to medals, though.

Quote by MAP View Post
    YES!!! And for non-experts it's even easier to fool! I'm glad I found WarRelics and have learned many lessons but sometimes too late. I know they guys I bought these from were fooled themselves. They are/were all honest and friends.
    If they were sold as fakes - at the prices that fakes should be
    sold for - then ok. But not if they were sold as genuine
    and at the price of a genuine item.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Thank you for posting these and I agree with the above comments.
    In future, please start separate threads for each item as it makes threads so much easier when only one piece is discussed in each thread.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....