Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Unknown German Medals !!!

Article about: Hi all, I have two German Medals that where my father inlaws that he somehow got hold of from when he served in the Navy in the Second World War. I have no idea what they are and would like

Default Re: Unknown German Medals !!!

Hi John, the wallet is from a steel making Company in the town of Remscheid. The Bergische Stahl-Industrie is still in business today.

The EKII (Iron Cross 2nd class) I would agree with Stewy that this is suspect. Look at the poor quality of the silver frame: the detail to the beading is very poor and there are cast pock marks on the back of the cross.

Cheers, Ade.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unknown German Medals !!!
    P
    Many

?

hi all & thanks for the help,
    Been looking closer at the cross, it's a bit of a job to see (if you don't know what you are looking at ) but looks like it may have a seam as if it is two sides (front & back) fixed together but on saying that where the ring (?) at the top has broken off there is no sign of a joint, so still not sure !!
    As far as the one in the wallet.......thanks for the information Ade, very interesting, any idea what they where making back then and what you had to do to get one.
    Had a look at the clip that holds it in the wallet but seems if I try to take it out for a good look at the back it may damage it so not sure where to go from here to find out if it's real and if so what it may be worth.
    thanks again
    john
    ps will try to get a close up of the War merit medal.

We need much better close-up shots of the medals, but the EK2 seemed off to me, too, at first glance. Check to see if a magnet is attracted to it.

The pictured War Merit Cross 1st class is not rare at all, and I think the confusion lies in there also being "Knights Cross of the War Merit Cross" versions which are
    indeed, very rare.

The wording on the wallet appears to be the maker and place of business. Ade, you beat me to it....

Regards, Steve.

Value of the KVK rests a lot on condition & the maker. Stewy S

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Value of the KVK rests a lot on condition & the maker. Stewy S
    A buddy of mine picked up a zinc WMC 1st Cl. a few months back for $150.00 CDN. If this helps.....

Regards, Steve.

?

Hi and thanks for the help,
    When did they start making fakes, because I can remember the Father in-law saying about some bits he had from the war, that must have been 35 + years ago but I only saw a large telescopic (?) sight which was about 18 x 2” with a rubber eye cap that looked like it slide inside something and a dagger both of which he showed me, as far as the Medals go he was not a collector so I would be surprised if they where fake, now I am interested to find out all I can,
    Checked both medals with no sign of a magnet

Thanks
    John

Ps Talk about a can of worms
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown German Medals !!!   Unknown German Medals !!!  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2