Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown Medical Medal?

Article about: Hello everyone. My first post here and would like some help as to what this small medal is and what one did to earn it. Medal itself is 5/8 inch across and has ashield of the german national

?

Default Unknown Medical Medal?

Hello everyone. My first post here and would like some help as to what this small medal is and what one did to earn it.

Medal itself is 5/8 inch across and has ashield of the german national colors on the left,a med blue shield on the right with an oak leaf and acorn and a medical cadus in the center.White scroll at the bottom with the initials D.H.V.Back has 800 stamped at the bottom.

Ribbon is red white and black with a silver colored swastika that appears wrapped around the ribbon by a thin band.

Overall length is 3 3/4 inches.This came from a vets daughter along with some other items.If anyone can help with this it would be greatly appreciated.Thanks!

Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown Medical Medal?   Unknown Medical Medal?  

Unknown Medical Medal?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unknown Medical Medal?
    P
    Many

?

Default re: Unknown Medical Medal?

This looks like a pre-nazi medal for the Deutsche Hunde Sportverein...German dog sport alliance...he was possibly a veterinarian attached to it. It has been updated with a swastika. Here is a later award.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown Medical Medal?  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

I would think it is a student attribute...
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Hi Steve, welcome to the forum!

Not an actual medal but a pocket watch fob. These were worn on the watch chain as decoration.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Default Re: Unknown Medical Medal?

Many thanks to all that have offered thier advice! I did not realize it was a watch fob but it did look familiar. I most certainly would never have figured it for a sports dog assc. item.

Steve