Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Unknown Zepplin and Glider Badges? Fantasy?

Article about: A gentleman i know offered these to me at a very reasonable price. However, we both dont know much to the authenticity of these pieces. They are pretty cool looking, but I have never seen th

Default Re: Unknown Zepplin and Glider Badges? Fantasy?

Yes these are not original badges i haven't ever seen one of these that could be proven o be original !!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unknown Zepplin and Glider Badges?  Fantasy?
    P
    Many

?

Quote by ww2relichunter View Post
    Yes these are not original badges i haven't ever seen one of these that could be proven o be original !!
    What do you think of the examples posted by Kompan?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

IMHO they are all fantasy pieces (the Graf Zepplin had no swastika on the tail) ... these show up at many of the on-line auctions , some have the coffin pin plate & some have a round pin-plate. And they are readily available from several repro websites (Reddick) to name one of the more well-known vendors ...

?

Quote by mike41 View Post
    IMHO they are all fantasy pieces (the Graf Zepplin had no swastika on the tail) ...
    ...Kaum kommen in Deutschland die Nationalsozialisten an die Macht, drücken sie der Graf Zeppelin das Hakenkreuz auf die Heckflosse. Auf Anweisung von Joseph Goebbels kreist sie am 1. Mai 1933 zur Maifeier über Berlin und taucht im September in Nürnberg am Himmel über dem Reichsparteitag auf...

Please check for yourself:
    Unknown Zepplin and Glider Badges?  Fantasy?
    The Graf Zeppelin - YouTube

About auctions with these genuine badges and prices, please refer:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown Zepplin and Glider Badges?  Fantasy?  
    Last edited by kompan; 05-20-2013 at 07:41 PM.

?

Kompan , my mistake on the tail swas. But I still believe all the badges are fantasy / repro . Just because they are offered on reputable auction sites does not make them real (IMHO) as repros have a way of finding their way on to those sites as well as repro dumping sites such as proxiebid and militaria321 etc. All that matters is that you own it and you like it and it matters not what others think about it as it is only opinions and you know what they say about opinions.

?

Hi mike41,
    you you're right in the fact that a large number of these badges on the market are fakes.
    Here are examples:
    1933 Zeppelin Commemorative Badge

However, you are wrong in the fact that these badges are totally fakes. Similar badges were made for many of the earlier LZ-127 flights, but they were still without a swastika.
    This simbol have been specially made ​​for propaganda purposes for flight LZ-127 "Graf Zeppelin"to the World Fair in Chicago USA in October 1933.

Zeppelin researcher Daniel Grossman writes about this:
    ...While Graf Zeppelin’s appearance was one of the highlights of the Chicago Fair, the swastika-emblazoned ship, which was viewed as a symbol of the new government in Berlin, triggered strong political responses from both supporters and opponents of Hitler’s regime, especially among German-Americans. The political controversy muted the enthusiasm that Americans had previously displayed toward the German ship during its earlier visits, and when Eckener took Graf Zeppelin on a aerial circuit around Chicago to show his ship to the residents of the city, he was careful to to fly a clockwise pattern so that Chicagoans would see only the tricolor German flag on the starboard fin, and not the swastika flag painted on the port fin under the new regulations issued by the German Air Ministry...

Such genuine badges are well known among Zeppelin memorabilia collectors and regularly offered by auctions and serious dealers for price about $ 250.
    Here are some more examples:

https://www.jbmilitaryantiques.com.a...th-america-buy

Zeppelins
    and etc...the difference is easily discernible !

Regards,
    kompan.
    Last edited by kompan; 05-19-2013 at 10:12 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2