Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unmarked Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe

Article about: Hello gentlemen, I'd like show you my recent acquisition, that I've been wanting add to my collection for a long time. One of them I discussed here. The badge looks uncommon. I could not fin

Asp
    ?

Default Unmarked Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe

Hello gentlemen,

I'd like show you my recent acquisition, that I've been wanting add to my collection for a long time. One of them I discussed here.
    The badge looks uncommon. I could not find someone similar in net. The eagle is fastened by three rivets, no any stamp. The seller is reliable. He assured me that maker is unknown. Please have a look, is all ok?

Thank in advance,
    Alex

Unmarked Erdkampfabzeichen der LuftwaffeUnmarked Erdkampfabzeichen der LuftwaffeUnmarked Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarked Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe
    P
    Many

Hi Alex,

what for an uncommon Erdkampfabzeichen you have found there! I have never seen this obverse design before and the three way rivetting with this kind of rivet shape also i have never seen before.

Finish, set-up looks for me absolutly believable. I like this badge!cool Militaria

KR
    Joe

Hi Al,

TBH, I don't like it. The obverse design is that of an Osang badge yet the reverse is based on the 3 rivet type used on the R.K (Rudolf Karneth) badge and also the M u. K 5 (Metall u. Kunstoff 5) design. Both of these manufacturers are the only known users of the 3 rivet fixing for the eagle, BUT both types use only wide pins and flat wire catches, not the same as the round wire pin and catch of yours. I haven't seen this exact mixed maker set up as a fake before, but i'm pretty certain it was never used on a genuine badge, marked or unmarked. I would try and get your money back if I was you, unless others here think differently.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Al,

TBH, I don't like it. The obverse design is that of an Osang badge yet the reverse is based on the 3 rivet type used on the R.K (Rudolf Karneth) badge and also the M u. K 5 (Metall u. Kunstoff 5) design. Both of these manufacturers are the only known users of the 3 rivet fixing for the eagle, BUT both types use only wide pins and flat wire catches, not the same as the round wire pin and catch of yours. I haven't seen this exact mixed maker set up as a fake before, but i'm pretty certain it was never used on a genuine badge, marked or unmarked. I would try and get your money back if I was you, unless others here think differently.

Regards, Ned.
    Obverse design is not "Osang" for me. The three time rivetting is of course normaly only to find on the R.K and M. u. K.5 badges. When it is a fake i have also not seen this anytime before.

The hinge plate is strange to me as well, I can't recall that type off hand.....
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Asp
    ?

Gents, I'm confused. That means an attempt is failed? No any chance?

Quote by Asp View Post
    Gents, I'm confused. That means an attempt is failed?
    I'm also confused! But I reiterate, this badge does not match any known Erdkampfabzeichen out there, it's almost like it's a hybrid to me, and there are too many things that don't sit right. I honestly think that many collectors would be very wary of this piece and that's bound to affect it's value because of these reasons.

There's plenty of other far less controversial LGAB's available as far as i'm concerned.

Regards, Ned.

me personly like it.but as Ned said treat with caution.

Hi Alex, I have to admit that I have not seen a three rivet type like this one either. I think that the front may be trying to be an M.U.K 5 as it appears to have a slight "wobble" to the top edge of the horizontal part of the lightening bolt, that I have noticed on that makers awards. I really do not like the hardware though as that does not look like M.U.K. 5 at all. Neither is the hinge block "crimped" in as I would expect? The rivet holes also look "to good" to me, exceptionally well drilled? Below is a "beat up" M.U.K. 5 I used to have. As for a Karneth type I have not had one so I could not comment. Leon.Unmarked Erdkampfabzeichen der LuftwaffeUnmarked Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe

could it be a after war finished ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast