Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Vaulted Silber Mutterkreuz and all the research that goes with it!

Article about: Hello All, I considered going down the route of doing an in depth study of the 2nd Pattern German Mothers Cross with a view to determining the maker by the construction of the cross using in

Quote by Saladin View Post
    Hello All,
    I'm still accumulating crosses to help my research.
    I had to stop buying unattributed crosses I was just getting too many....even the better half was noticing the full boxes of enamelled crosses!
    So I have decided that no matter how cheap a cross is I will stick to the ones that at least have a box or envelope.
    I know that even when coming in one or the other there is a chance that they could have been subject to a post war pairing.

AnywayI saw this grouping and just had to have it...Almost a complete set.
    The award certificate, cross with neatly sewn ribbon for wear, the invitation to attend the award ceremony and the envelope.
    This is the first set of this kind that I have seen for sale!
    Envelope is marked up for Schaurerte & Hohfeld

Has anyone got a collection of the blue identity certificates that authorised the cross for wear? To say so many crosses were issued there are very few of these id cards up for sale.
    Any photos would be appreciated.

The set:

Attachment 1008418

The cross front and rear:

Attachment 1008425Attachment 1008424

The invitation:

Attachment 1008428

Doug
    Awesome collection!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Vaulted Silber Mutterkreuz and all the research that goes with it!
    P
    Many

Hello All....Back again.

I am still struggling to find the time to get down and do some serious research on the mothers cross but I was lucky to recently get a hoard of crosses direct from the family.

They are all unfinished examples but have been produced up to the stage of having the central disc applied.

I am led to believe that they originated in a factory in the Sudetenland.....No further info. At least it proves to me that there were crosses produced that didn't have any locating lugs behind the disc.

Cheers
    Doug

Hello All,
    I was in contact with the Karl Loy factory who scoured their stockrooms for me and came up with this little treasure.

A roll of unused original ribbon that was supplied for the later Mothers crosses.

One thing that struck me is the thread count.

I was sure I had it sussed but this one has a variant to the norm in that it has 14 threads in the middle blue section whilst the two edges only have two strands rather than the normal 3.

It is made from Rayon.

If anyone has any later Deschler crosses I would appreciate it if you could check your ribbon for me and see if it is a match.

Many thanks
    Doug

?

Informative thread to say the least.. I have three coming this week, I will post if I have time or in the near future G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Default A repro one....

Vaulted Silber Mutterkreuz and all the research that goes with it!Vaulted Silber Mutterkreuz and all the research that goes with it!
    Pretty good reproduction

Default An Mutterkreuz in Gold with box from my collection what was being wiped out zvastica....

Vaulted Silber Mutterkreuz and all the research that goes with it!Vaulted Silber Mutterkreuz and all the research that goes with it!Vaulted Silber Mutterkreuz and all the research that goes with it!Vaulted Silber Mutterkreuz and all the research that goes with it!Vaulted Silber Mutterkreuz and all the research that goes with it!

I see it is a Souval cross Fritz?
    I have one or two denazified crosses in my collection

I’m just waiting for a couple of relic crosses to arrive

I’m looking forward to dismantling them when they get here

Cheers
    Douh

Very nice !
    Yep, is an R.Souval product...It is more rare or something like that?

Best regards,
    Fritz.....

Hello Fritz,
    Souval crosses are by no means rare. The font on your box is a variant that I have not documented in my research. So if you look closely at the stamp on the box lids you will see at least 2 variations and with yours that's a third.

I am not confident that I could say every cross that Souval made was manufactured pre May '45 and I believe there is enough evidence that proves the factory produced the crosses till at least the 1970s and beyond.

I have attached the pictures of the other boxes that I have on file for reference.

Vaulted Silber Mutterkreuz and all the research that goes with it!Vaulted Silber Mutterkreuz and all the research that goes with it!

Cheers
    Doug

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8