MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Very nice three place ribbon bar, does it look ok?

Article about: This one is unusually clean and I like the combination. Does it look ok to the experts out there? Came out of Toronto, seems to be a lot of decent stuff in that neck o the woods ;-) It was j

Default Very nice three place ribbon bar, does it look ok?

This one is unusually clean and I like the combination. Does it look ok to the experts out there? Came out of Toronto, seems to be a lot of decent stuff in that neck o the woods ;-)

It was just a simple accoutrement for my Artillerie Hauptman's tunic, simple but actually pretty hard to find a clean one with a combination I like. Liven's it up a bit. Just had to fill the above the pocket loops and this is a lot cheaper than a Nahkampfspange...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Very nice three place ribbon bar, does it look ok?
    P
    Many

Nice little bar. Seems to have a bit of legit age
    to it. There are a lot of repro's out there,
    but a good one IMO.........
    Regards,

Steve.

2nd pic, this thing really in an intricate looker at double click magnification! Is this made from one ribbon with all three of these common awards, or is it three ribbons? It looks like one?

Indeed - looks like one.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Larboard View Post
    2nd pic, this thing really in an intricate looker at double click magnification! Is this made from one ribbon with all three of these common awards, or is it three ribbons? It looks like one?
    If you own it, why not just check it and see?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I can see way more in the photo that I ever could looking at it in person, although I could look at it through a magnifier or a loupe... I would probably see the same thing I'm seeing in the pic.

MAP
    ?

Three common awards. See no reason they were not sold in spades and thus no reason why someone would not have created a single piece ribbon including all three awards to ease the manufacturing process.

But just my thoughts.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Makes sense to me, yes three very common awards. I like the color combinations; Black, white red, white, black. Then red, white, black, white, red. Then red, white, black, white, red.

You can do so much with those colors!

Very Teutonic, JA!

Quote by MAP View Post
    Three common awards. See no reason they were not sold in spades and thus no reason why someone would not have created a single piece ribbon including all three awards to ease the manufacturing process.
    Quite right. Ready-to-mount one-piece ribbons for various common combinations of two or three awards were commercially available in those days.

The EK2/KVK2/Ostmedaille combination was very common. (Come to think of it, my grandfather held those three decorations, too.)

Here is a typical example for a combination required by countless WW1 veterans, the 1914 EK2 and Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer:

Quote by Larboard View Post
    I like the color combinations; Black, white red, white, black. Then red, white, black, white, red. Then red, white, black, white, red.

You can do so much with those colors!
    Here's ony of my favorite ribbon bars from my collection. I have always felt that all four ribbons - the EK2, Ostmedaille and the medals for the Austrian and Sudetenland annexations - being in those three colors (and mounted in the classical "Bavarian" style, too) makes it aesthetically pleasing:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast