Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What is/was this??

Article about: Guys here is a great site to these badges . If I am reading this site correctly the talons are a giveaway on this as well. Hope this helps WW2 German Army Paratrooper Badge...Help needed...

?

Default What is/was this??

I am assuming this is either a piece made for GI's to take home to show they had "been there" or someone completely lost the plot. It looks like a Paratrooper badge adler, but I have never seen the wreath with adler on top before on any decoration.
    What is/was this??What is/was this??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is/was this??
    P
    Many

Default Re: What is/was this??

Hi Al, what you have is the Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres - Army Paratrooper Badge.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ade is correct.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Don't trust Ade or Walkwolf. It's 4th Reich fanatsy. Just send it to me. Just kidding of course.

Regards, Lars

?

Yes, a Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres. The Luftwaffe badge has a diving eagle holding the swastika with plain wreath and the Heer version has a diving eagle with no swastika and the Heer eagle sitting atop the wreath.

Take a look at specific Heer badges like the Infanterie Sturm abzeichen and the Panzerkampfabzeichen and you will see the eagle sits on top of the wreath on these badges.

I suspect the badge you show is a fake but wait for some other members to confirm.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hi,i'm not sure this is an original badge,if it is it is a very rare peice but there are a couple of things that sit uneasy with me.Without being able to see the hinge it is hard to say to much about the reverse but the rivets seem slightly to large for "JUNKERS" fixings to me.Also the gap between the eagles tail and bottom wing seems to be wider with a bigger curve to it(more like a luftwaffe para eagle)than other HEER paras i have seen.The picture of the front i really can't comment on as it is not good enough.If you can please post some better pictures as if this is a real badge in zinc it's over £1000 worth,but i am not to keen from these images. P.S. i have also just noticed that the JUNKERS stamp has been double struck, which again i would have thought would be very unusual for this TOP TOP maker.

I'm not keen on the makers mark either - but not for the double stamping.
    Something about the lettering appears wrong.........
    Regards,

Steve.

It looks like a fake to me due to the catch appearing to be "?" shaped. All Juncker badges were made with a "C" shaped catch without exception, ergo this one is bad. Othe than that and the dodgy maker mark the badge itself is not a bad copy.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi,i'm not sure this is an original badge,if it is it is a very rare peice but there are a couple of things that sit uneasy with me.Without being able to see the hinge it is hard to say to much about the reverse but the rivets seem slightly to large for "JUNKERS" fixings to me.Also the gap between the eagles tail and bottom wing seems to be wider with a bigger curve to it(more like a luftwaffe para eagle)than other HEER paras i have seen.The picture of the front i really can't comment on as it is not good enough.If you can please post some better pictures as if this is a real badge in zinc it's over £1000 worth,but i am not to keen from these images. P.S. i have also just noticed that the JUNKERS stamp has been double struck, which again i would have thought would be very unusual for this TOP TOP maker.
    If it's spelt JUNKERS then it's definitely wrong..........

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

a good try.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast