Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What is this,???

Article about: by HPL2008 I don't want to sound smug, but identifications of items on that site should better be ignored altogether or at least presumed incorrect until proven otherwise. This logo does not

Default What is this,???

button hole mount,,has a "HA" marking,,,thanks for all responses,,,Robert
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is this,???   What is this,???  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is this,???
    P
    Many

Default Re: What is this,???

This is what I found:
    stylized hammer, oak leaf and acorn of the Organization Todt, headed by Reichsminister Fritz Todt
    Organisation Todt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Regards

?

Has anyone else seen this symbol before? I can't say I've come across it and it's not one I've seen in relation to the Todt Org.......?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

KSH
    ?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Has anyone else seen this symbol before? I can't say I've come across it and it's not one I've seen in relation to the Todt Org.......?
    I also have never seen this iconography associated with Organisation Todt. It seems our friend Snyder's site is the only place it is mentioned as far as I could tell after a quick google search.

- Kenneth

Quote by KSH View Post
    I also have never seen this iconography associated with Organisation Todt. It seems our friend Snyder's site is the only place it is mentioned as far as I could tell after a quick google search.

- Kenneth
    That is where I found the information.
    I also haven't seen this symbol before.

Regards

hi,,thanks for the info,,,i checked Snyder's site,but could not find the badge...

KSH
    ?

On this page German Militaria Specialty Items is showed a plaque that is supposed to have belonged to Albert Speer (right..) and on the right side of this plaque is the symbol on the item in question displayed. It is called "Reichsminister Albert Speer High Leader Silver Wall Plaque". I have not found anything like this...

- Kenneth

I don't want to sound smug, but identifications of items on that site should better be ignored altogether or at least presumed incorrect until proven otherwise.

This logo does not have the slightest connection to the Org. Todt; it is the Handwerkszeichen. It is simply the symbol for the entire German Handwerk (craft), used as its official symbol from 1934 to 1994, and still used unofficially today.

See:
    Handwerk

You are an asset to this forum HPL

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

KSH
    ?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I don't want to sound smug, but identifications of items on that site should better be ignored altogether or at least presumed incorrect until proven otherwise.

This logo does not have the slightest connection to the OT; it is simply the symbol for the German Handwerk (craft). See:
    Handwerk
    You are of course absolutely correct regarding Snyder's site. I was trying to make a point, namely that I couldn't find it (this symbol as connected to OT) ANYWHERE else. The only thing that site is good for is amusement IMO. Thank you however for your info on this symbol and where it really originates from

- Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 05-14-2011 at 08:56 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast