Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

What does the term "Mint" mean to you?

Article about: Hello Folks, I have a question, what does the term "Mint" mean to you? I feel the term gets overused a lot in this hobby, and frankly too many pieces are termed mint when in fact t

?

And here are a few unworn/unissued items that wouldn't be considered mint because of the aging or handling process. Often an issue with zinc badges. I guess "near mint" would be a reasonable term, but "unworn/unissued" is also good and perhaps more descriptive.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What does the term "Mint" mean to you?   What does the term "Mint" mean to you?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What does the term "Mint" mean to you?
    P
    Many

A teaser of my DKiG that was probably unissued and from the Schloss Klessheim hoard. It's by Klein (134) and best described as "near mint" I reckon. I don't ever need much of an excuse to show it (as most of you lot already know....)!

Regards, Ned.

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Topics like this are a curse .. Just as i am feeling happy about the condition of some of my stuff a topic like this pops up , Here is some lot more nice in person , feel free to contact me with ALL MINTY
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What does the term "Mint" mean to you?   What does the term "Mint" mean to you?  

What does the term "Mint" mean to you?   What does the term "Mint" mean to you?  

Quote by big ned View Post
    A teaser of my DKiG that was probably unissued and from the Schloss Klessheim hoard. It's by Klein (134) and best described as "near mint" I reckon. I don't ever need much of an excuse to show it (as most of you lot already know....)!

Regards, Ned.
    there was one just like this in new zealand a few years back $3000k cased , and a pom came over with his pounds = 3x $ then could it be the one

?

Quote by hawkins View Post
    Topics like this are a curse .. Just as i am feeling happy about the condition of some of my stuff a topic like this pops up , Here is some lot more nice in person , feel free to contact me with ALL MINTY
    That gorget is MINT! I drool......

these ?

What does the term "Mint" mean to you?   What does the term "Mint" mean to you?  

Quote by fischer View Post
    Hi Guys

I would say this unmarked 26 cross is pretty close to mint.

Best regards, fischer
    sell to me sell to me

When the item is still wrapped in tissue inside it's cellophane package then i would say it's mint.

Quote by hawkins View Post
    there was one just like this in new zealand a few years back $3000k cased , and a pom came over with his pounds = 3x $ then could it be the one

Not this one Kiwi, all the way from lovely Canada, and rather more than a grand UK sterling.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

To me, the word 'mint' means brand-new, or as good as brand-new condition. I have never owned a mint or even a 'minty' item. This has always been purely because of my own personal preferences though. I have always felt happier with items which show obvious signs of use. When I see mint items I find myself thinking that they have never witnessed anything in the historical sense of the word. Whereas when I hold something which has obviously been used, I wonder where it has been, and what was the fate of the person who used it. I love to see mint items, and I can understand why people wish to own such things in the very finest condition possible. But for me that is as far as it goes. It is as well that the collecting community is so different in their tastes!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast