Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What are they? Are they real ?

Article about: Purchased a box at an estate sale and these were among the items. I hope the photos will allow someone to identify them. I enjoy your site and thank you for your help.

?

Default What are they? Are they real ?

Purchased a box at an estate sale and these were among the items. I hope the photos will allow someone to identify them. I enjoy your site and thank you for your help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What are they? Are they real ?   What are they? Are they real ?  

What are they? Are they real ?   What are they? Are they real ?  

What are they? Are they real ?   What are they? Are they real ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What are they? Are they real ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: What are they and are they real ?

Hmm, i have never seen the first one before, it reminds me of a Bomber claps, but it shouldn't have crossed swords then. The second one is original(I think). And the third one, is a civil work badge for the luftwaffe, i haven't seen that these have been faked before, but the back looks odd to me.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

The crossed swords badge is a Luftwaffe ground attack badge (It's photographed upside down)
    The wings with swastika appears to be some sort of DV badge, and the skull is a skull early SS or panzer.
    As to originality................... I can't say , but the skull may have a good chance

LGA badges are pretty scarce

?

Thanks for the help - interesting indeed!

The clasp was awarded for Luftwaffe air to ground support i.e tank busting. It was instituted quite late in the war as the Russians were on the major advance. As for authenticity, it has a chance, I like the age tones to it and the detailing is correct. Its difficult to say as there are not alot of these around and they fetch a high price, so are often faked.

The pin badge is a NSFK/Luftwaffe flying association membership pin badge. I have the stickpin version of this. Yours is very tarnished.

As for the Panzer SS skull, I don't know enough about these to make a judgement.

?

Default Re: What are they? Are they real ?

Bill, is the clasp marked Osang Dresden?

?

Yes - Osang Dresden is stamped but there also appears to be two characters prior to Osang that I do not recognize. A mark maybe?

?

G.H. Osang Dresden.I personally like the clasp, but I am not an expert on these and better pictures are needed.

?

Will try to get better photos for you. Thanks for your help and information.

?

Quote by Anubis View Post
    G.H. Osang Dresden.I personally like the clasp, but I am not an expert on these and better pictures are needed.
    I would go along with this too. I can't comment on the other two items but I'm liking the clasp based upon the photo provided. Look forward to seeing the reverse.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast