MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

What's this ribbon?

Article about: I found a photo of my granpa and wonder what the ribbon represents? Thanks.

?

Default Re: What's this ribbon?

Some good points. In the latest photo the central stripe looks too dark to be the Westwall IMO.
    Regarding the wear of ribbons on the fliegerbluse, the buttoning up method is slightly differnt than on a regular tunic so a ribbonbar would be more practical than sewing a ribbon through a buttonhole that is hidden behind a flap.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What's this ribbon?
    P
    Many

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Some good points. In the latest photo the central stripe looks too dark to be the Westwall IMO.
    Regarding the wear of ribbons on the fliegerbluse, the buttoning up method is slightly differnt than on a regular tunic so a ribbonbar would be more practical than sewing a ribbon through a buttonhole that is hidden behind a flap.
    As another example of this, here is a photo of my uncle. He is wearing his Ostfront ribbon on his breast.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What's this ribbon?  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Could it be a variant of one of these?
    Last edited by reneblacky; 01-01-2012 at 02:25 AM. Reason: added text

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Could it be a variant of one of these?
    A very extreme variant perhaps!
    That could make an intersting subject for another thread: Were any Germans decorated by the allies...........?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Tunic would fasten right over left if negative was reversed......women's style.

He doesn't look like the kind of guy who would wear a woman's tunic.

Haven't a clue why the adler is on the wrong side.

Happy New Year y'all.

Pat

]
    Quote by adrian View Post
    some good points. In the latest photo the central stripe looks too dark to be the westwall imo.
    Gday all,
    Yes I see the logic in this practice.
    But It appears some placed a button hole ribbon on their blouses even if sewn on the top.
    These images come from our beloved site.(thanks to the owner for the use of them)

[attach=config]285832[/attach

What's this ribbon?

The face in this image is similar to the one in this thread,but I'm not going there.

I've now spent far to much time on this one so I'm calling it a day.
    All the best Fella's
    Last edited by Thanatos; 01-01-2012 at 05:13 AM. Reason: tried to clean up attachments

Hi guys. Great discussion but from first look, Westwall ribbon bar IMO.
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Thanks for all the comments and discussion. You guys have probably seen enough of this thread, but I'm adding another photo of a Westwall ribbon recently photographed on my suit coat.... with a comparson of ribbons from grandpa's photos. Anyway in conclusion, I really do not know what that is.... but tend towards Westwall. Thanks for the observation regarding the placement of the eagle on his tunic. I never would have known until I placed the photo in this forum.

You're welcome Pablo

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5