Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Winterschlacht im Osten with document

Article about: Another of my pick ups yesterday. This is a nice minty zinc Winterschlacht along with some type of award document that I am not familiar with. It appears to be awarded to an Otto Schwertfege

MAP
    ?

Default Winterschlacht im Osten with document

Another of my pick ups yesterday.

This is a nice minty zinc Winterschlacht along with some type of award document that I am not familiar with.

It appears to be awarded to an Otto Schwertfeger of Hannover

Any help? Not familiar with the abbreviations before his name nor the exact definition of term "Nachrichtenstaffel der Schutzpolizei".

Thanks and regards,

Michael

Winterschlacht im Osten with documentWinterschlacht im Osten with documentWinterschlacht im Osten with documentWinterschlacht im Osten with documentWinterschlacht im Osten with document
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Winterschlacht im Osten with document
    P
    Many

Nachrichtenstaffel is news unit or news department, not sure of the abbreviations. A nice Winterschlacht im Osten BTW!...

MAP
    ?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Nachrichtenstaffel is news unit or news department, not sure of the abbreviations. A nice Winterschlacht im Osten BTW!...
    Thanks Gunny. That's what I thought or something similar but wasn't sure of my translation. It didn't make much sense to me. Maybe some type of internal/external notice of it being awarded. Maybe administrative to add Otto to the list of recipients.

Yesterday was not a good day to take pictures so they are pretty crappy. Today it's raining. But the medal is in perfect condition.

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I think he was a Oberwachtmiester,more than that beats me.

Another nice set Michael! The zinc Ost is in fine shape. Yet again not a unit you see everyday on the doc either. Stewy

MAP
    ?

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Another nice set Michael! The zinc Ost is in fine shape. Yet again not a unit you see everyday on the doc either. Stewy
    These all came are coming from an very old collection that is being sold off. Been told that the person collected primarily Schutzpolizei.

So the unit is the Nachrichtenstaffel? Do you know what "Obw. d. Sch.d.R." means? It's got me stumped.

EDIT: I just saw Harry has partially identified it as Oberwachtmiester. Thanks Harry.

M

MAP
    ?

OK, I think I found out the meaning of Nachrichtenstaffel der Schutzpolizei.

I think it is the police signal squad, the local component of the police communications service operating telephone and radio communications.

If I'm wrong. Let me know. Very interesting unit.

Nice and original.

The medal is from Rudolf Souval!

?

You are indeed correct Nachrichten is the term for signals units !!

?

(28.2.1941-29.7.1941) Nachrichten-Kompanie Polizei-Regiment Nord,

(12.3.1943-7.9.1943) Polizei-Nachrichten-Kompanie 33,

(23.4.1944-24.11.1944) 6.7.1944 Stab u. Einheit Polizei-Nachrichten-Abteilung 3,

(25.11.1944-Kriegsende) 5.1.1945 Polizei-Nachrichten-Kompanie 33.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast