Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Winterschlacht Im Osten (German Russian front medal)

Article about: by 85ronnies Cheer's Wolfy they are very moorish arn't they i', am with you on that, but i am not up on what to look for on copy's so i won't usually buy anything i am unsure of any tip's wo

?

Default Re: Winterschlacht Im Osten (German Russian front medal)

very nice Ade wish i'd started collecting sooner so much was cheaper back then

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Winterschlacht Im Osten (German Russian front medal)
    P
    Many

They came in packets Trust me.

Cheers, Ade.

?

i have wondered about issue packets my self as all of a sudden just about every german medal thats been coming up lately now has an issue packet ????

Virtually every German decoration came in a packet or box of issue.

Packets are now of course reproduced. Like everything else. 30 years ago packets were not widely collected and were about £1 each for even the rarer types. The poor quality of wartime paper is actually very hard to reproduce. Paper today is just not that badly made. If you study the paper you will see it has a high woodchip content. If you handle an original next to a fake the "feel" is also very different.

Cheers, Ade.

hope you dont mind me jumping in on your post but i thought i would show you mine (Now Now PHIL take it easy) i got this 1 for £25 love the detail in thease
    cheer's Ronnie thanx for showing your's guy's
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Winterschlacht Im Osten (German Russian front medal)  

Also a lot of these were sent straight to the family as the awardee had died since qualifying for it. Stewy S

Here's some of mine. Stewy S
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Winterschlacht Im Osten (German Russian front medal)   Winterschlacht Im Osten (German Russian front medal)  

Winterschlacht Im Osten (German Russian front medal)   Winterschlacht Im Osten (German Russian front medal)  

Winterschlacht Im Osten (German Russian front medal)   Winterschlacht Im Osten (German Russian front medal)  

?

thanks guys for showing us yours, 85ronnies yours is very nice very clean almost new looking a very nice example makes me want to get more

Phil. Second one has zinc pest if that's what you mean. You can't even count! Bless. Stewy S

Cheer's Wolfy they are very moorish arn't they i', am with you on that, but i am not up on what to look for on copy's so i won't usually buy anything i am unsure of any tip's would be welcome
    cheer's Ronnie (got that one off a friend so i think i am safe there)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast